Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdmac29
Level 7

Roku customer support?

What do you do when customer support will not listen?
I had the hip media channel purchased in 2013. I has some issues with it recently so I removed it and wanted to just add it back. The channel shows in my roku account online also. Well I could not add or due to some error so I contact roku support and they say to update my credit card, so I do that and I get charged 9.99 plus tax. I asked for a refund since I paid for the channel once and I got approved for that but when I got home roku has removed the channel from my roku boxes. In all support they tell me to add it back again and I get charged again. They tell me on the phone I will not get a refund this time and then when I asked for a supervisor they hang up the phone after a 20 minute call. Is it a roku policy to charge a customer a 2nd time for something they purchased? Can roku Shawn help in this matter? I have a case # also.
Thanks
J
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku customer support?

Roku Shawn isn't here anymore.. Roku Tanner may be able to help.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
jdmac29
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
Roku Shawn isn't here anymore.. Roku Tanner may be able to help.

Thanks I sent him a PM. 
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note. It's possible that the channel is currently encountering some sort of issue. I would recommend that anyone running into this type of issue contact the channel publisher/service provider directly to report the problem you are seeing and request additional support. 

I'll follow up with you directly to assist further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
jdmac29
Level 7

The channel is fine after I reinstalled it. I have to log in with my IP address but it works. Right now it was removed again tonight.
0 Kudos