Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mast
Channel Surfer

Roku connectivity sucks last 5 days..... anyone else experiencing this?

I can access  Roku easy enough... and I have no problem linking to Hulu,  etc. after doing so.    But every time I try and pull up a program on the Roku Channel  it winks out after less than 2 minutes.   News,  live TV  etc... it doesnt matter what I select....  less than two minutes.... screen goes to blank... and then I get the roku log on page.     

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku connectivity sucks last 5 days..... anyone else experiencing this?

@mast 

Are you using the included power adapter plugged into the wall rather than your TV's USB power port?  Insufficient device power can cause some wonky behaviors.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DBDukes

@mast wrote:

... Roku Channel  it winks out after less than 2 minutes.    ... screen goes to blank... and then I get the roku log on page.     

What Roku Log on page? A Roku Channel log on page? Can you provide a description of this? Or a screenshot?

Or are you using Roku Channel on a non-Roku device?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Avaya
Roku Guru

@mast  That is your home internet connection. Not the Roku servers. 

0 Kudos
POPlar
Reel Rookie

I did. It was on one I ordered. I sent it back went to walmart to buy one and it worked.

0 Kudos
mast
Channel Surfer

that does not make any sense since the  connectivity problem only impacts things I am trying to access via the  roku channel.    If it was an internet connection it would impact all the  other channels I access.    Further,  everytime I do a connectivity check I come up with excellent numbers.

0 Kudos
mast
Channel Surfer

what roku log on page?   I dont know how you use roku..... but I power on my tv.... I get the roku page with the twisting letters.... then I get the page that shows all the channels I use.  ( hulu,  boxcast,  newsmax  etc etc  etc  ).   From there I access what I want to view.   And if I choose " the roku channel "...  no matter what I try to access  ( live tv,  saved channels etc )  its the same thing.... about 2 minutes of viewing and then  it winks out back to the initial roku log on page with the twisting letters...

0 Kudos
POPlar
Reel Rookie

Maybe need to get your internet speed increased. I had the same problem but it was the Roku. I tried another one and  it worked with no problem. Or how far away from the wifi ?

0 Kudos
renojim

@mast, I assume by the "twisting letters" you're referring to the startup animation.  Your Roku is rebooting.  That's not normal.  It sounds like you're using the TV's USB port to power your Roku since you say you see the "twisting letters" when you turn on your TV.  As @AvsGunnar already mentioned, used the supplied power adapter.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.