Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vcharro
Level 7

Roku claim it cannot run anything but Netflix because “there is not enough space.”

I have used Roku for a number of years, but suddenly, for the past few days I cannot  access or run any of the channels I’m subscribed to except Netflix. (I am subscribed to Amazon Prime and Starz, in addition to Netflix, and have streamed the Roku (free) channel on occasion.) What is going on and how can I fix it? Btw, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Amazon Prime but that did not help at all.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Roku claim it cannot run anything but Netflix because “there is not enough space.”

@vcharro wrote:

I have used Roku for a number of years, but suddenly, for the past few days I cannot  access or run any of the channels I’m subscribed to except Netflix. (I am subscribed to Amazon Prime and Starz, in addition to Netflix, and have streamed the Roku (free) channel on occasion.) What is going on and how can I fix it? Btw, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Amazon Prime but that did not help at all.

A complete stab in the dark:

Maybe the problem is that Netflix is somehow commandeering most of the available memory and not releasing it. 

Try reinstalling Netflix:

Remove channel.

Restart Roku to clear its memory.  Settings > System > System restart.  Always do this when reinstalling a channel.

Reinstall channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos