Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku channels

Jump to solution

Why is it that I have to have cable in order to watch a roku channel like Bravo and WE. If that’s the case, I should have kept my cable

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku channels

Jump to solution

@MzPoo wrote:

Why is it that I have to have cable in order to watch a roku channel like Bravo and WE. If that’s the case, I should have kept my cable

Because that's what Bravo and WE require.  Bravo and WE and the many other channels on Roku are the work of the content providers (Bravo, WE, etc) and are not developed by Roku.  Roku is a streaming device platform.

If you take issue with them requiring cable, reach out to them directly and ask them why.  (Hint: the answer is "to make money")

If you want to watch their content without cable, a subscription service such as Hulu carries Bravo programming along with many other providers' content for ~$6/month, which is way less than cable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

@MzPoo wrote:

Because that's what Bravo and WE require.  Bravo and WE and the many other channels on Roku are the work of the content providers (Bravo, WE, etc) and are not developed by Roku.  Roku is a streaming device platform.

If you take issue with them requiring cable, reach out to them directly and ask them why.  (Hint: the answer is "to make money")

If you want to watch their content without cable, a subscription service such as Hulu carries Bravo programming along with many other providers' content for ~$6/month, which is way less than cable.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Welp that means bravo sucks

0 Kudos