Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lamrwee
Level 7

Roku channels are not streaming

I am hoping that someone has had the same problem as I have or they have experienced the same problem at some time.  I once was able to watch all Roku movies on the Roku Channel but now I cannot get any movie to stream and I only get the News channels which to me is quite strange.  I have contacted Roku tech service but they seem to be unable to fix the problem after 8 months.  Can anybody give me some suggestions or do I just delete the Roku channel off my list of streaming channels?  I do not have any trouble with Netflix just the Roku channel. Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku channels are not streaming

You might want to remove the app, reboot the Roku, then add the app back. Sometimes that fixes glitches in apps.

Of course, if it's something that's just started, it could be a problem with their servers. But then, I'm watching The Barefoot Contessa right now on The Roku Channel and am not having any issue.

You might also want to tell what it is you're trying to watch so someone can try that actual content and see if they can replicate the problem.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
BahaaRadwan
Level 7

I am experiencing the same issue , it was streaming earlier but since 3 days nothing can be stream any content in Roku channel , other channels are working perfect with no issues
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please provide more information about your device and setup so we can help investigate this issue further. See our post on how to create a support topic and include the additional details requested. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos