Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dogbone

Roku channel not working Won't play movies

Trying to watch movies and every one of them is coming up "cannot access program". Not available or has expired, this is all of them from new releases to movies that have been on there.  Tried removing and reading channel with no luck

5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku channel not working Won't play movies

@dogbone-

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
rtt1

Roku just stopped playing movies on all my roku tvs. It quit about 10 days ago. It used to work

0 Kudos
rtt1

I did the restart. Still won’t play. Ive watched roku movies for many years

0 Kudos
rtt1

I learned what the problem is.  Roku will not play movies when a VPN is active. However news channels will play with a vpn

0 Kudos
rtt1

Another fix: 

my iphone is connected through my vpn. Turned on my cell phones hotspot, connected to that vpn. Then connected the roku device to my cell phones hotspot. SUCCESS! Can again watch movies on roku again at 7Mbps

0 Kudos