Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seeds
Level 7

Roku channel movies will not load

Model 3800X roku streaming stick. SW 10.0.0 build 4209-55 time stamp: 2021-07-20T13:33:28Z

issue ID: 31-288-813

nothing will load

tried soft and hard reset and factor reset. Nothing helps. Unable to use device

fight club-terminator-don’t tell a soul

I’m in the US and have been using this device for the last 2 years without any problems 

issue started on 07/19/2021 could of been earlier 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku channel movies will not load

I couldn't replicate this on several different models (including a 3800) with all the titles mentioned and several others.

Could you describe with more detail exactly what happens?

Have you tried streaming in any other apps?

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Seeds,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Please cite specific content title examples that you have tried to play in The Roku Channel that is experiencing an issue so we can help investigate this further.

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
cheremmons
Level 7

I PAID FOR A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION I AM USING RUKU, BUT EVERY TIME I WANT TO WATCH A SHOW IT TELLS ME TO ACTVATE IT, EACH AND EVERY TIME..  

0 Kudos
Crystal79
Level 7

I unplugged the usb from the roku and waited 3-4 seconds then plugged back in. My channels worked. my shows started playing normally as well. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Crystal79 wrote:

I unplugged the usb from the roku and waited 3-4 seconds then plugged back in. My channels worked. my shows started playing normally as well. 

If you ever find the need to do this again, you may find it more convenient to restart the unit via Roku menu path Settings-System-Restart system.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos