Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgurwitz
Level 7

Re: Roku channel movies will not load

Jump to solution

I'm trying to play an episode of Floodland using the Roku Channel app on a Google Nexus running Android 6.  The episode appears to load and start, then immediately goes back to the Play arrow and freezes.

Interestingly, if I do the same using therokuchannel.com thru a browser, the same episode loads and plays perfectly.

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @pgurwitz,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

Does this happen on all movies/shows in The Roku channel or just specific titles? 

In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
pgurwitz
Level 7

Jump to solution

It seems to happen for everything I try to load.  This is true either using the RokuChannel app or the Roku app itself.  I select a video to watch;  I get the control screen, which goes from arrow (Start) to two bars (Pause);  I start hearing a second of the audio, then it stops, and the control screen shows the arrow (Start).  When I try to click it, nothing happens.

Note again that if I use therokuchannel.com on a browser, the same files load and play perfectly.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@pgurwitz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide specific information about how to replicate the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you provide us with the specific titles/episode you are experiencing this with?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pgurwitz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Please refer to my previous answers in the thread;  I think I answered them there.  In short, it happens when I'm using the Roku mobile or RokuChannel app with any stream.  I load them normally;  they start to play and then just stop, giving me the arrow again.  This does not happen if I go thru a browser.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@pgurwitz

Thanks for the information.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pgurwitz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm not using a device.  This is the Roku channel on a Roku app on a tablet.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@pgurwitz

Thanks for the clarification.

Have you tried removing the mobile app from your device and then adding it back again to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pgurwitz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes I have.  No joy, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Dconnol5
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m in my **bleep**ing house in the backyard and the **bleep** won’t load. I have purchased and own movies I need to watch periodically since I am a film producer. Thanks Roku!!!

0 Kudos