Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
@Heavenleigh Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. We'd like to gather some additional information to help pass this feedback along to our team.
- What specific movie titles were you experiencing an issue playing?
- What is the exact behavior that you see?
- Have you tried rebooting both your Roku device and your wireless modem/router by disconnecting the power for a few moments? Does this resolve the issue?
- When this issue occurs, please generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. Provide this number, along with the model of Roku device you are using from Settings>System>About.
@PLanetNZ Each customer scenario may be slightly different, so it's important for us to gather the specific details of the behavior.
For example, the use of VPNs, or trying to circumvent geo-restrictions on devices to stream content from unauthorized locations is not supported or allowed, and would result in this type of behavior. In other cases, users may be using a Roku account in the wrong region, which leads to this type of behavior if the channel is available in both regions.
We had perviously requested additional details from you on this thread, and didn't see any response. If you'd like to provide the requested details, we'd be happy to help take a closer look.
Ah, sorry for the prior non-reply Tanner. Your message looked spam-like as it arrived in a chain of other ROKU messages.
Re: specifics of my environment:
• ROKU Streaming Stick+ connected VIA wifi and HDMI
• ROKU account is registered in Canada, no geo-restrictions or spoofing in place
• no VPN
• I have a high-speed service from Bell Cda (Download/Uploadup to 500 Mbps), unlimited usage
The issue with non-playing does not happen with all shows. Perhaps it is the age? I tried some old and new shows. I think it seems to be specific to old shows, but not all. ie. Danger Man, Dennis the Menance won't play, but Naked City and Bonanza do.
@CBannister Thanks for the note here. It looks like you are using a US region Roku account. In order to get the correct version & availability of channels/services, as well as content selections in channels, you'll need to create a new Roku account in the CA region, using a Canadian internet connection at my.roku.com
Then, you'll factory reset your device to remove it from your current US Roku account, and link it to the your new CA Roku account. From there, you will then see the correct selection of channels and services, as well as the correct content inside channels which will help avoid these types of playback issues related to regional limitations.