Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku channel movies will not load

Jump to solution

i am having the same problem. 

TV show (Danger Man) shows up, allows me to select the season / channel (roku) and then select episode (s1, e1)... then it just flips back to the same screen. Doesn’t matter what episode is selected. 

I am in Canada. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

"Shameless" will not load.
Rebooted both Roku's (in different rooms), checked internet connections, speeds etc.
Keeps sending both tv's back to the "Start" screen.

I'm in Canada.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue. Movies on the Roku channel won't start. All other channels work fine.  Three devices, same problem.

I'm in the US, have done system restarts, all devices are updated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Heavenleigh Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. We'd like to gather some additional information to help pass this feedback along to our team. 

- What specific movie titles were you experiencing an issue playing? 

- What is the exact behavior that you see? 

- Have you tried rebooting both your Roku device and your wireless modem/router by disconnecting the power for a few moments? Does this resolve the issue? 

- When this issue occurs, please generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. Provide this number, along with the model of Roku device you are using from Settings>System>About. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Are you serious!? This is the same question that has already been answered several times!

This is how seriously bad ROKU "support " is, ask the exact same scripted questions never to be heard from again. 

ROKU, please replace your "support" team and actually make an effort to back up the products you sell

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@PLanetNZ Each customer scenario may be slightly different, so it's important for us to gather the specific details of the behavior.

For example, the use of VPNs, or trying to circumvent geo-restrictions on devices to stream content from unauthorized locations is not supported or allowed, and would result in this type of behavior. In other cases, users may be using a Roku account in the wrong region, which leads to this type of behavior if the channel is available in both regions. 

We had perviously requested additional details from you on this thread, and didn't see any response. If you'd like to provide the requested details, we'd be happy to help take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

All Roku movies/titles. All have been rebooted.

You tell it to play, it appears like it will start and then takes you back to the screen to push play. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ah, sorry for the prior non-reply Tanner. Your message looked spam-like as it arrived in a chain of other ROKU messages.

Re: specifics of my environment:

• ROKU Streaming Stick+ connected VIA wifi and HDMI

• ROKU account is registered in Canada, no geo-restrictions or spoofing in place

• no VPN

• I have a high-speed service from Bell Cda (Download/Upload up to 500 Mbps), unlimited usage

The issue with non-playing does not happen with all shows. Perhaps it is the age?  I tried some old and new shows. I think it seems to be specific to old shows, but not all. ie. Danger Man, Dennis the Menance won't play, but Naked City and Bonanza do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

There really is something wrong, even the new movies this month won’t play. I’m a new customer Jan 2020 in Ontario Canada. Worked great January, didn’t use it much Feb .

not working on movies .  news channels okay, series is okay, no movies are working at all???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@CBannister Thanks for the note here. It looks like you are using a US region Roku account. In order to get the correct version & availability of channels/services, as well as content selections in channels, you'll need to create a new Roku account in the CA region, using a Canadian internet connection at my.roku.com

Then, you'll factory reset your device to remove it from your current US Roku account, and link it to the your new CA Roku account. From there, you will then see the correct selection of channels and services, as well as the correct content inside channels which will help avoid these types of playback issues related to regional limitations. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos