Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brizzle

Roku channel commercial volume blasting

Roku Channel your commercial volume is blasting loud.  It’s really really loud. 

I mean serious freaking loud.  Unwatchable at night....rocks the house, wakes up the kids and scares the cattle.  This is like coffee grinder stampede loud

6 REPLIES 6
eab
Binge Watcher

Roku Channel commercial volume is BLASTING. PLEASE FIX IT ROKU.

Commercial volume ON THE ROKU CHANNEL is BLASTING. In the midst of a normal volume show, the commercial volume makes my speakers rattle. It’s ridiculous. This is a new problem, it was never like this before.  I’m contacting you, Roku, owner of the Roku Channel, as advised on this issue for other channels. 

PLEASE FIX IT!!!!

avaxo

Re: Roku channel commercial volume blasting

yeah i am facing this same issues with my  meat slicer . it is as coffee stampede loud.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Brizzle! We can definitely help out with that. Try enabling Automatic Volume Leveling from the settings menu and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Volume modes.
  5. Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to adjust manufacturer-specific sound modes from the same options menu described above. 

For more information, this support article may help: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

If you happen to have any other questions definitely let us know. 

0 Kudos
Axel-Erfurt
Binge Watcher

Wouldn't it make more sense to make the commercial quieter?

You should not endanger the health of your customers.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Axel-Erfurt  Endanger the health? Seriously. Sound is measured in decibels (dB). A whisper is about 30 dB, normal conversation is about 60 dB, and a motorcycle engine running is about 95 dB. Noise above 70 dB over a prolonged period of time may start to damage your hearing. Loud noise above 120 dB can cause immediate harm to your ears.

With that said I highly doubt anyone is going to have hearing loss from a commercial. 

0 Kudos
xesonu

Re: Roku Channel commercial volume is BLASTING. PLEASE FIX IT ROKU.

i am also facing this issues. can anyone tell how it can b sort out this issues.

0 Kudos