Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RHCSRC

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english.

I am having the same issue with Doc Martin. It has been this way for several months. I hit the * button, but the only choice is "Default". My default language is English.

0 Kudos
HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english workaround

Chose a Roku movie to watch (A Heartland Christmas) and it played in Spanish. No way to change back. I see that many people have reported similar problems, yet Roku apparently does not care to fix it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@HamboneBill

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Should you find any other titles within The Roku Channel that are playing the wrong language, please let us know and we can look into them.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lauriet1

I have  Roku Stick 3 different versions in my three different TV's and I've had this issue with Disney+. None of the other channels/apps that we use have this issue. What the heck is going on, it's getting really old not being able to watch the shows that I paid extra money for, and yes, I subscribed to it through Roku, not directly with them.

0 Kudos
DadsAgainstRogu
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes 

You are a liar and not even good at it. My two other tvs are fire tvs and they have never had this issue. This is roku specific and the fact I still see people posting about it this long after means that it is intentional. I don't care who bribed them to push Spanish on kids or why. I already sold the junk budget tv and replacing it with another fire tv next month.

I advise everyone in this thread to do the same, and I have made a video review for the product to warn potential buyers that I will be posting in every primary online storefront.

I don't know why you feel the need to lie to protect a budget tv company from consumer scrutiny but I can only assume it's because you work in the PR department which means everything about you is a lie, since you expressed in your post script that you "are not a roku employee"

0 Kudos
DadsAgainstRogu
Reel Rookie

@Tunique000 

I'd recommend selling the thing and spending a little extra for literally any other brand. It seems they are still pretending this is an error and even have the audacity to claim the problem is not on their end.

It mostly happens with children's content, some adult shows Yellowstone, etc. but it's 90% kid **bleep**. Always about 10 minutes after you start playing the show, trying to wait til you leave the room. Idk who is bribing roku to push Spanish on kids but it must be great money to intentionally piss off customers like this.

0 Kudos
DadsAgainstRogu
Reel Rookie

@RokuMary-F 

It's not peacock, it's roku.

It happens only on the roku TV not on other tvs; it happens to shows on peacock, hulu, Disney +, and live TV through the Comcast app. The problem occurs 90% of the time during children specific content and generally between 20 seconds to 10 minutes into the show.(enough time for mom or dad to walk away)

It is clear that this problem is with rokus programing and the fact it has not been resolved yet means it is intentional. I don't know who bribed your company to push Spanish on children but I have been and will continue to ensure that no one near me gives your subversive company any money.

Praying for your soul Mary🙏❤️

0 Kudos
Phil10

CBS NFL.  I always have to switch it back to English using the SAP,

0 Kudos
Janiceot
Channel Surfer

This has just started happening on our tcl Roku tv while using the Xfinity stream app.  Fox and CBS are the channels I've noticed this on . Football is spanish on Fox and Survivor is voice guided. Able to turn off with the down and SAP settings, but they return . So annoying. Just started about a month ago.

0 Kudos
cpb
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the same issue.  Broadcasts that are transmitted in Spanish as an option, such as The Bold and the Beautiful and NFL football, are broadcast on my Roku TV in Spanish.  The audio setting on my Roku tv is set to English, so I cannot turn this off.  I just have to watch on another tv.  Even if I DVR the broadcast, it replays on the Roku tv in Spanish, but other tvs are in English.  I've checked my settings on the Dish Network and they are all in English.  I WANT SPANISH TURNED OFF!!  Please fix this.

0 Kudos