Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlynnllwyd
Level 7

Roku can’t display screensaver

I have a new Roku Express 3900RW, Serial Number: YGOOD7939880, Software Version: 9.0.0. I have wireless internet connection, and my Roku is connected with an HDMI cable.
I purchased the Castle screensaver. Every time that I try to preview the screensaver, or switch to it, I just get a black screen with the message, “Internet Connection Missing.” I’ve checked the internet connection, and it says the signal strength is excellent. I don’t know what to do. I love castles, and would really like to use my screensaver. Also, I spent money on the screensaver, and I apparently can’t use it. Please help.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku can’t display screensaver

Hi,

Thanks for letting us now what you are experiencing.

We recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Most channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
merlynnllwyd
Level 7

But it’s not a channel. It’s a screensaver. How do I find out who’s in charge of those?
0 Kudos
CParker
Level 8

"merlynnllwyd" wrote:
But it’s not a channel. It’s a screensaver. How do I find out who’s in charge of those?

The screensavers ARE channels. When you add a new screensaver, look at how it gets downloaded. It says, "Add Channel". It's like... a channel that plays the same thing all the time.
Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D
0 Kudos