Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orestesdd
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku blocking youtube age restricted videos since last week

@R0kuL1f34m3 wrote:

I was hoping someone had figured out a permanent solution. I'm casting the videos from the YouTube app to the roku channel while on the same network as a workaround. Hope this helps some of you. 

What do you mean by "casting the videos from the YT app to the roku channel"?

0 Kudos
R0kuL1f34m3
Reel Rookie

I meant from my phone to the roku

orestesdd
Binge Watcher

OK. However, how can I do that?  I know that my iPhone doesn't have a block, but I guess I don't know how to show a video being played in my iPhone showing it on my Roku TV.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@orestesdd wrote:

OK. However, how can I do that?  I know that my iPhone doesn't have a block, but I guess I don't know how to show a video being played in my iPhone showing it on my Roku TV.  Thanks.

You can't cast from an iPhone to a Roku. Only from an Android device or Windows 10 laptop.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
orestesdd
Binge Watcher

Sorry, but I was able to cast from my iPhone 7 to my Roku TV.  Now by using this method, I am able to watch any video on my TV without age restriction; however, the original issue still persists, and I'd like to see a solution to it.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@orestesdd wrote:

Sorry, but I was able to cast from my iPhone 7 to my Roku TV.  Now by using this method, I am able to watch any video on my TV without age restriction; however, the original issue still persists, and I'd like to see a solution to it.

If you could provide the details on how you did that, it would be great information here. The only thing that is known to cast from an iOS device is by using the Roku app on the device, and that only permits casting music or video stored on the phone itself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
orestesdd
Binge Watcher

@atc98092 wrote:

@orestesdd wrote:

If you could provide the details on how you did that, it would be great information here. The only thing that is known to cast from an iOS device is by using the Roku app on the device, and that only permits casting music or video stored on the phone itself. 

I don't have all the detail how I cast, say youtube videos, on my TCL 40" Roku Smart TV. However, this is what I followed:

Note:  Roku does not technically support mirroring with any iOS device. However, you can screencast to your TV from several apps, or cast any media that is stored on your iPhone.

1. On my Roku TV, I went to Settings

2. Then, pick System

3. Under System, pick Advanced system settings; then, Device connect (Device connected)

4. Next, under System, pick Screen Mirroring

5. Go to "Screen Mirroring Mode" and select "Always allow"

6. Download, install a Roku app for Mirroring

Note: the iPhone and my Roku TV are both on the same WiFi network

7. Follow the instruction on the app, and find your Roku or Roku TV with the app to connect.  One may have to fiddle with your app or TV until your Roku device or Roku TV shows to connect in the app.

Next, I went to, say Youtube, and clicked to the mirroring icon on Youtube to see it there.  I tried to use it with my browser, but I am not able to do so.  I guess it is because Roku does not have a browser, but I was told to try a different browser, not the Google Chrome.  As of now, I have yet to experiment with another browser.

I hope this could help others here.

earthchild

I'm having the same problem. I'm signed on to my youtube account on Roku and it is popping up a message that the video is age-restricted. When I say to continue, it tells me something went wrong and that the video is age-restricted. I can watch it on my laptop with no problem except that I can't hear it and I want to watch it on the big screen. I don't want to figure out how to cast it; it want it to work right. Thanks.

Esther2

I am having the same issue. My Google says there is no admin associated with my Google accounts. It the roku

usfsafety42
Reel Rookie

No. I signed into my account that I have had for years that has no restrictions and ROKU is blocking it. Stop making it seem like this isn’t a ROKU issue when it clearly is.