Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
optikhog
Roku Guru

Re: Roku blocking youtube age restricted videos since last week

And why, exactly, do you think Roku is involved with the development of the YouTube app (or any other, save Roku Channel)?

What direct evidence do you have which causes you to place blame and ire upon a platform provider for an app they do not develop? Referring to my original comparison, do you point fingers at Microsoft whenever an application has issues while using your Windows PC? Do you also believe that Microsoft is responsible for the development of all Windows apps ever made?

thekiddone

I have the same problem with my Roku.  Youtube videos on my PC using windows works fine.  Using my Roku and age restricted videos don't work.  I saw your comment on fire stick.  Did you say it works fine on the fire stick or that it does not work on the fire stick?  

PlayLoud
Reel Rookie

I posted this on Youtube's page as well. They recommended removing the channel, rebooting the Roku, and reinstalling.

I tried that, and now it's slightly different.

My normal Youtube account (original name) still doesn't work, though the error message is slightly different.

The account they made us create (with my real name, that I don't actually use) will be able to get through the age-restriction check. I've read others that get this same behavior.

orestesdd
Binge Watcher

Well, I don´t want to remove my channel which has lots of my own videos thru the years.  So the option to create another channel is out of question.

orestesdd
Binge Watcher

The fire TV stick has the same issue.  However, youtube on my iphone does not show any similar issues.

0 Kudos
orestesdd
Binge Watcher

According to some people here, it seems the issue should go to Google which owns Youtube, but I don't know who to blame.

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

@orestesdd wrote:

According to some people here, it seems the issue should go to Google which owns Youtube, but I don't know who to blame.

Why? Ask yourself: why would Roku be responsible for the content of an app developed and maintained by Google?

orestesdd
Binge Watcher

I always watch YT using my own account, which, by the way, it is set up with my real name and birthday; thus, either Google or YT show now that I am 68 years old and if Google or YT is to blame, then it should be fixed their Roku App.  However, I believe the Roku OS should talk to Google or YT and complain that all the customers are complaining about this issue. On my part, I reported this issue directly to Google, and I have yet to hear anything from Google which owns YT.

orestesdd
Binge Watcher

As of this writings, I am unable to see fixes for either Amazon Fire Stick or any other android devices using the YT app.  I left my complain in a similar Google forum, but I have yet to hear anything from Google who owns TY!

0 Kudos
R0kuL1f34m3
Reel Rookie

I was hoping someone had figured out a permanent solution. I'm casting the videos from the YouTube app to the roku channel while on the same network as a workaround. Hope this helps some of you.