Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku as input to slingbox

I connected my Roku Ultra (a 2018 model which has IR remote control capability) successfully to my M1 slingbox using the HDMI to component converter box that I bought on Amazon for around $30. To get the slingbox to control the Roku box remotely, I selected "My AV device has no TV service" and then "Roku (VCR)." It's weird that the free version of slingbox app on my android phone (Samsung S10) has all the control functions: up, down, left, right, back, home, ff, rev, play etc....and everything works great. The paid slingbox phone app, however, doesn't have up, down, left, right keys. 

This setup allows me to watch and control the Spectrum app's live TV when I am outside of my home network.
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku as input to slingbox

I am trying to connect a new Roku Ultra (2019 model #4670r) to my M1 slingbox.  I followed the advice from ucla98 and I feel I am very close because the virtual Roku remote on the Slingplayer app does control the Roku ultra (I can see this on my TV which is also attached to the Roku).  My problem is that when I am configuring (or reconfiguring) the app says "video signal found" but the screen on my ipad is completely black.

During reconfig I selected:  Device type = Miscellaneous, Manufacturer = Roku, Model = Roku.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos