Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carolann56
Level 7

Roku app has a past subscriber on HBO max.

I have a roku that was given to me by my son-in-law.  When I try to sign in to my accounts the only one I can’t get anywhere with is the HBO max.   I deleted it and re-added but it always lists him as the subscriber and wants the pin to re-activate.  I need to know how to get him put of the system and add HBO Max under my account. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Roku app has a past subscriber on HBO max.

If you go to settings->system->about does the Roku list your email or his?

If you didn't factory reset after your son-in-law used it, everything you're doing is on his account.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku app has a past subscriber on HBO max.

@Carolann56 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Strega mentioned, we would highly recommend verifying the Roku account that is linked to the Roku device. You want to make sure that the Roku device is linked to your Roku account and not your son-in-laws as all subscriptions will be tied to that Roku account.

In addition, there should be an option to log out of the HBO Max account within the channel. If you need further assistance regarding this, you can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos