Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kincaid
Reel Rookie

Roku ap not working on Firestick in Canada?

Jump to solution

I just purchased my Amazon Fire stick here in Canada because I saw the announcement from Roku saying the channel is now supported. I can open the ap but I get this message "The Roku channel is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes". A day later I am still getting the same message. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roku ap not working on Firestick in Canada?

Jump to solution

I was able to use Roku App in South America in the past......like a couple of months ago......but not now. With or without a VPN, didn't matter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the inquiry, @Kincaid.

Currently, The Roku Channel is available to access in Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire TV Edition soundbars in the US region.

For more information, check out our post on the Roku Blog here: https://www.roku.com/blog/amazon-fire-tv

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Kincaid
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bummer but thanks for the reply. 

Bracelet4Cancer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

WERE you ever able to access the Roku Channel on your Firestick in Canada??

0 Kudos
gegatronix

Jump to solution

Same happens to me en Central America, Im ussing firestick 4K and a vpn service but not working, what can I do..?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bracelet4Cancer @gegatronix

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, The Roku Channel on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices is only available in the US.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi there, I have a Roku tv and Amazon fire stick 4k, I live in Ontario Canada and seen your ad saying that Amazon fire stick is now supported, if this is true then why is the roku channel only supported in the UNITED STATES and not Ontario Canada, I strongly disagree with you advertising the wrong information about the roku channel app. you really need to fix your ad or let us Canadian's have access to the roku channel app on our fire stick 

Jump to solution

I was able to use Roku App in South America in the past......like a couple of months ago......but not now. With or without a VPN, didn't matter.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @stephenlee27701,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be noted that The Roku Channel is only available on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States, plus via your web browser, Roku mobile app, and compatible Samsung TVs and Amazon Fire TV devices in the United States. Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel are only available in the United States.

For more information, see this additional resource: How to get The Roku® Channel | Official Roku Support

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Chachee69

Jump to solution

I couldn’t even install

when I go to the Amazon App Store it says App you are looking for can’t be found? I’ve Also tried on a browser and it says not available in uour region and further down where it says the regions available or say Canada which you guessed it is my region???