Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notorious_G
Level 7

Roku and Netflix

Using my brand new Roku Ultra and Netflix plays for 10 seconds then goes back to home page, ive tried everything from taking the app off and reinstalling it to resetting up the roku and nothing works. My Roku in the other room works fine, im at a loss, do i take it back and get an apple tv or what?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku and Netflix

Be sure to reboot the Roku after deleting the channel and before re-adding it.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
macdude22
Level 7

AFAIK Netflix is completely broken on RokuTV but fine on standalone devices. All the deleting/rebooting/readding app handwaving does nothing. I read v8 should fix it but my TCL still says that 7.7 is the latest version available. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Netflix works fine on my TCL TV. Version 7.7
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I have no issues with Netflix on my Sharp Roku TV either. I too am still on 7.7. Was using Netflix just yesterday. Although to be honest I'm thinking of dropping them. Annoyances like the auto-preview function, plus they just have less and less I want to watch. I haven't had any interest in any of their original programming, and that's the direction they are moving.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
raqball
Level 7

Works fine on my Ultra. No issues at all. 
Roku Ultra
LG OLED55C7P
Sonos Playbase
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
I have no issues with Netflix on my Sharp Roku TV either. I too am still on 7.7. Was using Netflix just yesterday. Although to be honest I'm thinking of dropping them. Annoyances like the auto-preview function, plus they just have less and less I want to watch. I haven't had any interest in any of their original programming, and that's the direction they are moving.

Yes I agree, the Netflix app is full of annoyances:

1) Auto preview, you can't even stop scrolling through titles without it playing preview videos with sound in the background.

2) Auto playback, you can't click on a title and read it's description before it starts playing the movie or episode in the background even though you have not chosen to press "Play" yet yourself.

3) You start a video and the player controls pop up and cover the screen for 3 seconds for no reason.

4) Now "Skip Recap" and "Skip Intro" buttons appear over videos with no option to disable.

5) Shrinking end credits to a tiny window and suggestions in your face of other things to watch also without an option to disable.

All of these things combine to make Netflix utterly annoying and useless, I miss the primitive Netflix app that just let you scroll and play videos without annoyances and interference with the videos.
0 Kudos
reddice
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:

I agree 100%.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Funny how these simple question threads turn into "I hate Netflix" threads...
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
MrDifficult
Level 7

"Emissary35" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:

Yes I agree, the Netflix app is full of annoyances:

1) Auto preview, you can't even stop scrolling through titles without it playing preview videos with sound in the background.

2) Auto playback, you can't click on a title and read it's description before it starts playing the movie or episode in the background even though you have not chosen to press "Play" yet yourself.

3) You start a video and the player controls pop up and cover the screen for 3 seconds for no reason.

4) Now "Skip Recap" and "Skip Intro" buttons appear over videos with no option to disable.

5) Shrinking end credits to a tiny window and suggestions in your face of other things to watch also without an option to disable.

All of these things combine to make Netflix utterly annoying and useless, I miss the primitive Netflix app that just let you scroll and play videos without annoyances and interference with the videos.

You people know this isn't a Netflix forum, right?
0 Kudos