Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku and Netflix Issues

Anyone else having Netflix loading issues? It hasn’t loaded for about a week on two of my roku devices.

I broke down and called Netflix tonight and did the whole trouble shooting steps again. After 30 minutes she put me on hold and came back and said that they were “just informed” it was a known issue and that a lot of people have been calling with the issue. That it should fixed in a day or two.

Being I have had the issue for a week, I’m hoping they just caught in to all the calls.

So anyone else have issues?
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Roku and Netflix Issues

What model Roku or RokuTV? There have been some other threads about issues with some channels, especially as Roku has been widening the rollout of the 9.2 update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I noticed this issue on my Roku Premium+ after returning home from a weekend trip. It worked fine the day of Oct. 31, the day before we left; but, on Sunday my Roku would crash when selecting the Netflix channel. Had to unplug the Roku and let it restart. After restarting, the Netflix channel will work, but it will fail after it has been idle for awhile. My Roku was updated on Oct. 31st, so I figured there was an issue between the update and the Netflix App. 

As others have done, I removed the channel and added it back in, but it did not solve the issue. Glad to hear Netflix is working on it. Now, I just power cycle the box first thing and I don't have any issues until I stop watching TV for some time, don't know how long it takes, but two hours will cause it to fail. 

Highlighted
Level 8

I have a Roku 3 and a newer Premiere. That’s the only channel I have an issue with besides AMC which has never worked (AMC has a horrible app).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

You’re lucky enough to at least get it to load for a while. Mine will not load at all/ever. Honoring the fix soon, we are cable cutters!

I believe it was right around the same time as you that it stopped working.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

All was well until a couple weeks ago.. Now, pressing Netflix button on remote immediately locks the Roku Premiere up. Must repower to make anything work. From Roku main menu selecting Netflix usually locks up the Roku device but in some cases the Roku home menu can be regained.  If not a repower is required to get back to square one. Sometimes a Roku power off-restart from menu can be done. Eventually after a number of restarts have occurred Netflix can be accessed. Only occurs with Netflix, all other applications work fine.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have this exact same issue with the Netflix app on my Roku Premiere+.  The first time I go into the Roku for the day, I'll go into Netflix, and it does seem to "struggle" getting into the main screen.  Firstly, I don't get that satisfying "bum-BUMMM" music when initially going into the app.  Then after getting past the "Who is watching Netflix" screen, I'll get to the main screen.  But it takes some time for the preview of whatever Netflix is promoting to start playing. I'll try to cursor down to a tile that I want to watch, but it struggles to get to that tile, and eventually it locks up.  I can't do anything at this point (e.g., go to another app, go to the home screen), and then it will restart on its own.  After the reboot, everything works fine.  Oh, and as with others, it's only with the Netflix app.  When I start with Hulu or Amazon Prime, while it's a bit sluggish at first, they work.  Netflix, not so much.

I've deleted and added back the app, but to no avail.  Also, I have the latest version of the system software.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the same issue, one day out of the blue, Netflix would not start-up. After playing with the Roku options, if I changed the Display Type from Auto to the specific TV resolution. that cleared it up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We recently developed a similar problem. What we found on our own is that we had recently gotten new Dishnet equip. Suddenly we were blocked from Netflix even on TVs with no Dish hookup. We logged in thru Dish and solved the problem. This seems like an invasion of privacy.

0 Kudos
Level 10

I've had this problem since day one (going on 4 months now) of purchasing my Roku Streaming Stick +. Netflix will not start. I have to restart the Roku every time. This only happens on my Roku Streaming Stick +. My TCL Roku TV is fine.

0 Kudos