Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blair55
Level 7

Roku & YouTube

I just got my 2nd Roku Ultra, my gf was going to use it on another TV. I activated the Roku, now it won’t let her login into her YouTube. Should she have her own Roku account?

thank all... 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku & YouTube

@Blair55 wrote:

I just got my 2nd Roku Ultra, my gf was going to use it on another TV. I activated the Roku, now it won’t let her login into her YouTube. Should she have her own Roku account?

thank all... 

As far as I know, it should not matter whose account the Roku is linked to, she should be able to log into her own YouTube account.  What I DON'T know is if you already have a login to YOUR YouTube account on your Roku account, whether YouTube will permit a login from a different YouTube account on the same Roku account.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Blair55
Level 7

Re: Roku & YouTube

Thanks for the reply, for some reason it would tell her to edit her email. I deactivated it, then activated it again. It worked perfectly, I don’t have a YouTube, we each pay for three channels, just happens she picked up YouTube. Thanks again, Blair….

0 Kudos