Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku & FIOS - Live streaming disconnects

Jump to solution

I moved a few months ago & now have FIOS which doesn't have it's own app so I have to go to the channel store & select the channels my FIOS plan allows.  Once done I activate them but have found that I have to delete & reinstall to watch the channels that offer live tv every month or so.  I just deleted & reactivated The FOOD channel for the 3rd time.  This is extremely frustrating.  Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone know a solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku & FIOS - Live streaming disconnects

Jump to solution

@Mabel920  Thanks for the note here. Each channel controls and determines its own authentication validity period. Some channels do not require re-authentication very often, while others require this more frequently.

You can try removing the channel, restarting your Roku device, then adding the channel back once more to see if this helps clear up the issue. It may help in some cases, but if the behavior remains the same, it's likely the intended behavior determined by that specific channel. 

In some cases a device may also become deactivated by a user through their subscription service account, such as with Hulu or Netflix if someone deactivates a device. TV (cable) channel providers tend to require more frequent authentication, but not in all cases. For more information, support or to share your feedback, you'll want to contact any specific channel provider directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

I dont have Verizon and am not familiar with FIOS. But Internet is Internet and I would have a problem with any sort of throttling or censorship. It shouldnt matter at all what your speed or access is.

What do you mean the Channels that FIOS allows?

https://www.eff.org/

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Mabel920  Thanks for the note here. Each channel controls and determines its own authentication validity period. Some channels do not require re-authentication very often, while others require this more frequently.

You can try removing the channel, restarting your Roku device, then adding the channel back once more to see if this helps clear up the issue. It may help in some cases, but if the behavior remains the same, it's likely the intended behavior determined by that specific channel. 

In some cases a device may also become deactivated by a user through their subscription service account, such as with Hulu or Netflix if someone deactivates a device. TV (cable) channel providers tend to require more frequent authentication, but not in all cases. For more information, support or to share your feedback, you'll want to contact any specific channel provider directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, it seems like you answered my question/problem.  I have to keep removing & adding the channels back.  Guess I have to get used to this no matter how frustrating it is.  I had Spectrum in the south & they have an app so there was no need to add channels.  Welcome back to Verizon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

do you know how to re-authenticate?  That is the issue I am having.  The channels says to re-authenticate but I am unsure who to do that.  I am using spectrum

0 Kudos