Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcumming
Level 7

Roku able to auto open Youtube TV when turned on?

I am doubting you can do this but it would be nice if we could have Roku automatically launch YouTube TV app and then switch to Live TV.

I doubt this can be done, correct?

Also doubt I can get an ethernet cable adapter to work like Firestick so must use Ultra if need be.

Thanks
Peter
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku able to auto open Youtube TV when turned on?

With a Roku TV, you can choose your start location (Roku home screen, OTA TV or one of the HDMI inputs), but you cannot have it load a specific channel. Roku players can only start on the Roku home screen. 
There are some people that have been able to use a USB Ethernet adapter with a Roku TV, but yes the Ultra is the only player with an Ethernet jack. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
pcumming
Level 7

Thanks very much
0 Kudos

With a Chromecast, you can voice activate specific YTTV channels through Google Assistant (on your phone, or a Google Home smart speaker). I've set up shortcuts through the GH app:

"OK, Google. ESPN." TV and audio receiver power up, ESPN turns up on the screen.

"OK, Google. TBS" TBS comes up on screen in less than 10 seconds. It's pretty fast.
0 Kudos