Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ebaron
Level 8

Roku abandons customers that chose AT&T

Jump to solution

So, many of us bought Roku products as it is a hardware device that carries apps. So I bought 3 Rokue devices and was planning to buy more. Streaming has been great new way to take your Tv with you and I thought Roku made a decent piece of hardware.

But, if you chose an AT&T subscription, Roku has decided to shut you down even though they took your money for their HARDWARE.. suddenly the AT&T app is missing from my Roku device and I learn Roku is having a contract dispute with AT&T , likely for cash, and has decided that customers like us, that have already paid Roku should suffer. Really? But no problem blasting your ads at us every day?

Go ahead Roku, erase this post, it will further show how ethical you  are. I’ll put your hardware up all over on Craigslist for sale with the story. Because at this point, my investment with Roku hardware is pretty much useless. I chose ATT and don’t need you to make my decisions. 

As far as I’m concerned, you’ve violated as simple contract with your customers. I bought your hardware because it carried the ATT app. Now you you pull it. Fix your negotiations and stop using customers that already paid you as pawns in your negotiations. Either your hardware will carry apps or we are pawns to your upper management whims. Which is it going to be. Let me know as I ll need to make some hardware purchase dictions real soon. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku abandons customers that chose AT&T

Jump to solution

@Ebaron Thanks for reaching out. We encountered a technical issue that caused some channels to be removed from devices. You can try performing a system update to see if the channel reappears.  This should help clear things up. 

If not, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Ebaron Thanks for reaching out. We encountered a technical issue that caused some channels to be removed from devices. You can try performing a system update to see if the channel reappears.  This should help clear things up. 

If not, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ebaron
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tanner,I simply turned on the Roku stick today and the app is back! Did not even need to do a system reset. I greatly appreciate you responding so quickly and thank your technical team for the solution! 

I apologize for my rant, but after I read about the dispute and that the  app was not available to new users I thought I was sunk. 

Thank you and Roku for taking care of your customers! 

Highlighted
Chris_L
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, we had a power outage today, when we restarted our ROKU devices, there were issues Logging into accounts and had to reset them again and now i don't have my AT&T Now apps, i have 3 ultra devices that are not that old and are now useless to me. Can You Help Me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Randy2
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah mine never came back roku still sucks cause I deleted it cause wasn’t working and now can’t redownload it. Had to do a complete restore on it yesterday also cause no channels would work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Yellowby27
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too started experiencing issues with my roku ATT app (stopped working), thinking I just needed to re-download and then found out about your contract issue after I googled the issue. Kinda sucks that I rely on all 4 of my roku streaming devices and now don't have my ATT app and yet the consumer loses out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
blueline89
Level 7

Jump to solution

I gave my old Roku away to get one with better range.  I haven't bought yet, but I have AT&T Now and plan to keep that.  Guess I'll be buying an Amazon Fire option being Roku doesn't care about their customers.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos