Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vidarious
Level 7

Roku Ultra not seeing WD My Cloud

I just purchased a Roku Ultra (Software Version: 8.1.0 / Build 4145) and using the Roku Media Player channel I am not able to see my WD My Cloud NAS. The channel just sits at "Waiting for Media Devices". I can access the My Cloud on my Mac and Windows PC with no issues. I can also access it via my Samsung TV.

I've confirmed the Twonky server on the My Cloud is running and working fine.

WD My Cloud is the 4TB version and is firmware v04.05.00-327. The Twonky server is 7.2.9-6. There are videos/MP3 and Image on the server and nothing can be seen by the Roku. I've also tried rebooting my router, the WD My Cloud and Roku and the problem still exists.

Any Suggestions?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
speechles
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra not seeing WD My Cloud

exFAT? If so.. ntfs would've worked just fine.
Roku != exfat.
if Roku.filesystem = exfat then drive.null else drive.mount

Not sure if the 2TB limit applies to ultra. Haven't used the usb slot on mine.. ever. I bought it to develop for and use as a primary player with upnp/dlna/emby. My 5TB works on my roku3 when I had that, and I was restricted to the 2TB section of the drive. So not everything was shown. Some content that spanned outside 2TB addressing was only partially playable.

Does the roku support >2TB on the usb on any models?
0 Kudos
Vidarious
Level 7

It's NTFS. However a new development .. if I leave the Roku sitting on the waiting for device screen it will eventually see the My Cloud. It seems its random. Once I waited 10 mins and another 5mins. If I open the My Cloud on the Roku then exit it disappears and have to wait up to 20 mins for it to appear. This is crazy.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

When RMP starts up it sends out an SSDP discover/search multicast packet to the local network. The DLNA server, after seeing that should respond. Is the wdmycloud connected via Ethernet and roku connected wireless? Sometimes that can cause a loss of the search packet. It eventually does show up because dlna servers periodically broadcast an ssdp keep alive that RMP is listening for.
0 Kudos
wdupree
Level 7

I have been having this issue intermittently with the Roku streaming stick+ in both my living room (right next to the wireless router) and the bedroom. It will work perfectly fine for a while then unexpectedly show "No Server" when I can still access it from other platforms  such as Plex on my Windows 10 laptop and Plex on my android phone (I can access media, doesn't play - no pass). Then, just as unexpectedly, I can open the plex app the next day or two and suddenly it's there. Is there anything I can provide to help diagnose this issue? Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos