Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MA_Brownlee
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra not loading History app

I have two Roku Ultras and neither will start the History app. I have three other Roku devices and history app works fine on all of them. The problem appears to be with the Ultras only. The Roku ultras were working until recently. Looking at the properties on the history app it is running version 3.9 dated May 3, 2022. Maybe this update is not compatible with the Roku Ultras. 

Labels (2)
11 REPLIES 11
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra not loading History app

@MA_Brownlee 

The History app (3.9.2) loads and works fine on 2 4800s I just tested.

Try reinstalling the History app: 

1) Remove History app 2) RESTART Roku (Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart)  3) Reinstall History app

0 Kudos
vrwl
Channel Surfer

I’m having the exact same problem. One device is a TCL Roku Tv, the other is a Roku Premier in a Samsung TV. The History channel app does not work on either of them for the past week. I’ve tried the 

1) Remove History app 2) RESTART Roku(Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart)  3) Reinstall History app

as described above. Nothing changes. Still can’t access the app on either device.

0 Kudos
Ahoy
Reel Rookie

I am also having the same issue. It's been down since Tuesday. I have rebooted, updated firmware, and done everything I can think of. No luck. 

0 Kudos
MA_Brownlee
Reel Rookie

It is strange that it is only with the Ultras. At least this is the case with me. 

0 Kudos
MA_Brownlee
Reel Rookie

Already tried that and other steps as well. No luck. 

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@MA_Brownlee 

Your Ultras (firmware version unknown) may be on a different RokuOS version than your other Rokus (model #s and firmware versions unknown):  Settings/System/About

Its possible the 4800s upgraded to OS11, whereas your other models are still on OS10.5, and an incompatibility exists in some configurations with the History app.

If they did upgrade to OS11, make sure you manually check for updates again:  Settings/System/Software update/Check now for the latest OS11 build and any app/app compatibility layer updates.

If your Ultras are connected differently (wired versus wireless, 5Ghz vs 2.4Ghz) this may also possibly account for the different behavior.

Its probably best to check the OS version of your 4800s vs your other models first as the possible source of the app loading failure, then troubleshoot from there...

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@Ahoy @vrwl @MA_Brownlee 

The History app updated to version 3.9.3 on 5/16 - verify if the loading issue persists.

vrwl
Channel Surfer

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the History app on my TCL Roku TV and it now has version 3.9 Build 3 and when I started it up, it worked. I’ll try to do the same with my Roku Premier and hopefully get the same results. Thanks for letting us know about the app update.

0 Kudos
CR7
Reel Rookie

I just had this issue with one of my 2 Roku ultras on the history app. I did updates on the app, updated Roku software and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. All that didn’t work. What finally worked was a factory reset of the Roku ultra which was great except for reinstalling and relogging into apps. That was a hassle.if all else fails do the Roku factory reset and let me know if that helps!

0 Kudos