Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdpirie
Level 7

Roku Ultra keeps dropping Amazon Prime back to ROKU home page

Jump to solution

I have had a problem with a 4640x ROKU Ultra dropping Amazon Prime for a month.  I tried deleting and reloading Amazon Prime on ROKU  numerous times and it didn't help.  I have over 500mbs download modem speed and the modem is hardwired to the ROKU  Ultra with an ethernet cable.  No wifi is involved.  It drops Amazon Prime after as little as 5 minutes and continues dropping it after various periods making Amazon Prime on ROKU virtually unusable.  Last night I used the wifi on my Samsung Smart TV  to stream Amazon from the router bypassing the ROKU completely and it worked beautifully.  Gorgeous picture and no dropouts.  I have concluded from this that for some unknown reason Amazon Prime is not compatible with ROKU.  I now use ROKU for all streaming other than Amazon and while it is inconvenient it works.  I think ROKU and Amazon need to work together to sort out their interface problems as it is NOT FIXED and it isn't going away. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra keeps dropping Amazon Prime back to ROKU home page

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

After removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Please make sure you restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, then add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

After removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Please make sure you restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, then add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

I have an Ultra 4640, and just spent two hours watching Amazon without an issue. And I also use a Premiere that works fine as well. So no, there's no problem with Amazon on a Roku device. Now is there something specific with your Ultra? Apparently. Make sure you followed the steps that @RokuDanny-R  listed, in the exact order he says. Don't forget the reboot or the uninstall doesn't actually do anything. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos