Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maschked
Level 7

Roku Ultra exiting Hulu Live when tv is off

I have three Roku Ultra's on three different tv's.  I'd like to be able to turn on the tv in the morning and have Hulu Live immediately playing the same channel I was watching when I turned the tv off last night.  That is how it works on one tv (Samsung 75Q70t).  The other two tv's are displaying the Roku home screen in the morning (both 2020 TV's). The Roku and Hulu settings are exactly the same on both tv's.  Why are they acting differently?  How can I get them to work the same?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: Roku Ultra exiting Hulu Live when tv is off

@maschked wrote:

... The Roku ... settings are exactly the same on both tv's.  ...

Are you certain they are the same? Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver are Off on all devices?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
maschked
Level 7

Absolutely certain. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

If you've double checked those settings, and they are the same, then I'm thinking there's something between the TVs and the Roku devices. I would perform a test to see if the issue follows the Roku, or remains with the TV.

As I read it, you have one Samsung that works as you want, and two Other models that do not. You also have three Roku Ultra devices. If that's the case, I'd do this:

Swap the Roku from the Samsung with one from the other TVs. 

If the issue follows to the Samsung, it's something specific to the Roku. Not sure what, buy you'd know that much at least.

If the issue remains on the TV, it's a setting on the TV and its HDMI port or settings.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos