Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empirefalls
Level 7

Roku Ultra drops Live streaming Channels on You Tube after 10 minutes, Roku 4 does not

The new model Roku Ultra i bought in November, When i am watching  "Live streaming Channels" on You Tube, After about 10, sometimes about 20  minutes, it  drops the "Live streaming Channel".
This has going on since i bought the Roku Ultra. 
I tried just about everything---checking settings,,,uninstall, reinstalled....checked to see if there was a timer going on somewhere, didnt find one. 
Roku Ultra is directly connected to router.  

I have a Roku 4 on the same internet connection, but wireless connected..  I watch the same "Live streaming Channels" on You Tube, never drops. Going on years.
?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
w5ci
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra drops Live streaming Channels on You Tube after 10 minutes, Roku 4 does not

I  also have a TCL Roku tv that started dropping the Live streaming videos  after 10 to 15 minutes back about a month ago.  I have contacted Roku support and received an apology for not responding sooner after a couple of days but no response since on a solution
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra drops Live streaming Channels on You Tube after 10 minutes, Roku 4 does not

YouTube live feeds have increasingly had issues on Roku for months now. It was originally just the Express users that were reporting issues. However, more and more devices are experiencing issues, and more and more live feeds are experiencing issues.

Just to use my example, others reported issues with one particular live feed stopping after 10-15 minutes on an Express. I was unable to replicate on an Ultra. A day or so later, I was able to replicate on the Ultra, but other live feeds worked well. Later, those feeds began ending at 10-15.

The reports I’ve seen have been consistent with my suggestion that the feeds and devices impacted are expanding. That would seem to be something on Google’s end, as if they are making changes to infrastructure that isn’t playing nice with Roku devices, and as they move or change things, the issue grows.

I also suspect there is something about the 9.0 software that contributes to this, with the combination of Roku and Google changes causing the issue and making it hard to diagnose or resolve.

I’ve not seen any issues reported with 9.1, but since we’re early in the rollout, that may change.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

First of all, thanks for replying.

As i mentioned and kinda reiterating, 
 It does not happen at all with my Roku 4, on the same internet connection, via wireless.  Watching on a TV that  is not a smart TV
But the new Roku Ultra i bought,  on the same internet connection, via wired, happens over 90% of the time.  Watching on a TV that  IS a smart TV
0 Kudos