Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EddieOrtiz
Level 7

Roku Ultra can not load movies, others yes

I have a Roku Ultra with this problem. I contacted Roku's Customer Service and they still do not know what's going on. Watching the forum I see that I am not alone. Only movies, with series of the 60s and live news tv no problem, only movies, I have good internet signal. I press play and no load, returns to play. It seems to be with  licence problems or fabric configuration with this model with movies but the problem persists and Roku nothing said. Two cases in this forums with the same problem.  I live in PR, I  have excellent internet signal.  Please, excuse my English.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Roku Ultra can not load movies, others yes

Your English is fine!

It could be a problem with your region. Is it all channels that don't allow you to watch movies, or just some? Ate you using any kind of VPN? Have you tried changing DNS addresses in your router to the Google DNS?

Primary 8.8.8.8
Secondary 8.8.4.4

Does that help?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
EddieOrtiz
Level 7

I think more about what you mention, a problem of region or licensing of these films, but Roku does not say anything about it and I think they are the right ones to guide me. If that's the case, I'll forget about it since I can not do anything. I have the DNSJumper program that you can configure different DNS that exist including Google, but I do not see any difference. The matter is very confusing, some things can be seen, others can not.
0 Kudos
EddieOrtiz
Level 7

Excuse me, I am not have VPN, and use Google DNS. Y experiment with others and I did not have positive results. Movies can not load. The mayority of TV series yes, only two can not load. Live Programs, News, etc no problems.
0 Kudos