Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wdixon67

Re: Roku Ultra authorization issue with xfinity stream

Jump to solution

Try using a different device from what you used to go to Xfinity authorize. If you used your cell phone try using a family members cell phone or a computer so it can take you to the log in screen after you put the code in

0 Kudos
adachan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this exact same issue after Comcast required me to change my password last week.  I have 10 Rokus of various types and all of them but the Roku Ultra re-authenticated with no issues at all.  The Roku Ultra will not authenticate and tells me that I only subscribe to high speed internet and not video, which is absolutely not the case -- I have a triple play package with all the cable channels.  I am wondering if there is a proper solution to this?  

0 Kudos
Jleghorn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update:

The best way to fix this is to add a new manager to your account and login with that separate email.

I just went through many phone calls and after a couple hours this is the advice they gave me. If you do this from the start that should save you the hassle of having to be on the phone for that long. They were unable to unlink my old account.

I added my wife’s email as a manager in my account and it worked.

0 Kudos
dianak88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Could you please be more specific?  Add a new manager to my Roku account or my Xfinity Stream? Sorry I need directions.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Jleghorn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In your xfinity account under settings, you can add a new manager. I used my wife and her email.

then when you go to authorize and type in the code, make sure you log in with the new email.

0 Kudos
gnpoulos

Jump to solution

yes, I am having the same issue.   all 3 roku's worked yesterday and none this afternoon

0 Kudos
DRP313
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact problem.  I have two TV's set up with Roku that work fine.  I tried to set up a third and get the message on the TV that you get.  Xfinity says everything on their end is fine and I need to talk to Roku.  Roku doesn't have any way to talk to someone due to the situation.  I emailed them and did what they told me to do but it didn't work.  Now I'm not hearing from them at all.  Did anyone find a way to resolve this?

0 Kudos
DRP313
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, if I add a new manager does it affect the other Roku TV's?  What happens to the original manager?

0 Kudos
DRP313
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I fixed the problem with the authorization!!!  Just go onto Roku, home.

1. Press the Home button. on your remote.
  2. Select Streaming Channels to Roku open the Channel Store.
  3. Locate the channel you wish to remove and click the OK button. on your remote. ...
  4. Select remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted.
  5. Closeout of Roku then open it back up
  6. Go to add channel or type in Xfinity
  7. when prompted add it to the lineup.
0 Kudos
adachan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So -- I did all of these things. Remember I have 10 Rokus, and 9 of them worked perfectly well after the password change.  I added a new manager, I formatted the Roku, I deleted and added the app and everything else everyone asked me to do.  None of it worked.  I did erase all the settings on the other 9 Rokus and lose all my customization on the Roku in question.  That is ok because I was determined to solve the issue.  

I got real mad one day after making the manager account and decided that I would move that Roku Ultra to a different room and deal with one of the working Roku's in the living room where everyone uses it.  So, I forgot about it for a couple of days.  I received an update on this thread a few days later and decided to go and try it again. 

It just worked.  The Roku connected perfectly well and prompted me to name it in Xfinity Stream and agree to the words on the screen.  This SUPER pissed me off.  Even though it was working (I was thankful), there is no rhyme or reason why it started working again after days of trying to log in.  No one had an answer.  

The crazy thing during this time.  I was able to use Xfinity to authenticate any app -- Disney XD, HGTV GO, Food Network Go, etc.  They all worked perfectly well.  It was just Xfinity Stream that was telling me that I had a data only plan and could not be supported for streaming video.  I authenticated all these close to 90 apps every time I made a change because my kids, wife and Dad use the Roku to watch TV and I use my comcast account to authenticate.  What a pain!!

So the gist of the story is this -- just wait a week or so.  It might start to work for you.  I am super weary at this point about changing my comcast password because of this **bleep**.  This should not be something that we need to be concerned about as far as I am concerned.

0 Kudos