Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra authorization issue with xfinity stream

Jump to solution

@Zig66

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Turtleman

Jump to solution

While this is a Roku channel, it seems that MANY folks with TCL Roku TVs are having the same issue.  The Xfinity app appears to be the common denominator. 

0 Kudos
Zig66
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Seeing as this app is unique to Roku maybe they should address it with them!!! Don't you think?

0 Kudos
jblack773

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this issue by logging into my Xfinity account and updating the linked accounts settings. I recently moved to a new address, but the default linked account was still set to the old address and account. Once I chose the new address/account as default and unlinked the old accounts, it resolved the issue. Xfinity provides a new account number when you move instead of keeping the same account number, so you have to make sure that your new account is set as the default account. 

0 Kudos
mdwolff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Xfinity Streaming App Authorization Isue.

I had my first ROKU device out of 10 that I purchased up and working for about 2 weeks. Yesterday I tried to to install the second device and was unable to authorize it (Xfinity) for use on my home wifi network. Shortly after that event, a few hours maybe, the device that had been working could no longer access the Xfinity Streaming App. ROKU's work well on other services, like Prime Video but Xfinity Streaming App is the issue. If this can not be resolved, I plan on returning the ROKU's and bite the bullet and rent the Xfinity DTA's. Need help resolving this as Xfinity is sending me to ROKU as the source of the issue as I can sucessfully directly connect one of my newer Smart TV's to the Xfinity Streaming App without any problems. Thanks! Michael

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mdwolff,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity Support here

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mdwolff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary;

I have sent a few hours with Xfinity support and they maintain that it is a ROKU problem. They had me download the app directly to the TV with the ROKU disconnected.. In that scenario, the app downloaded and authenticated and is fully operational. When attempting to do this via the ROKU, the error TVAPP-00101 appears in the lower right corner of the screen and the process goes no further. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mdwolff,

Thanks for following up.

For this specific Xfinity Stream error code, we recommend trying to take a look at this channel provider article here for more tips about troubleshooting.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Xfinity Stream support directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues occurring within their channel.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mdwolff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for this article, however we have been through this with Xfinity and still unable to authorize the use of the app with the ROKU.

Xfinity support insists it is not their issue and the fault lies with the ROKU. At this point I am unable to use the devices with Xfinity and need a fix.

Please look into this matter for me as I am out of options.

Thanks! Michael

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mdwolff

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about that channel's error codes and authentication, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos