Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perfumeof
Visitor

Roku Ultra authorization issue with xfinity stream

Jump to solution
Hi,
I just got Roku Ultra device.
Have been trying to activate xfinity stream on roku for 2 days.
I've talked with xfinity agents several times, but still no luck.
Please help me with this issue if someone has an idea.

Here is the situation.
When I hit the button 'get started' on xfinity stream on roku, it gives you code to put on mobile.
I inserted code, logged in, and it says 'success!'
But on Roku screen, It says like below.

Sorry!
Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription. Check out
www.xfinity.com/learn/instant-tv to subscribe today!
(Error createDrmSession.-1)

My xfinity plan has high speed internet and instant TV, of course. 

I've tried these things so far.
1. xfinity agent refreshed my account.
2. Remove channel, Reset roku device, add channel.
3. Remove channel, factory reset roku device, add channel.
4. Remove channel, unplug roku device, add channel.
5. tried with different devices_phone, tablet, and computer.
6. signed in before and after trying activate...
7. checked the roku device update, but it is latest version.
8. Reconnect xfinity internet

Nothing seems work. No one who works in xfinity figures this out.
They keep saying that my account and plan is good to activate.
I don't have problem with my netflix account with Roku.

Is there anyone who has any idea, please help me.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ronf
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra authorization issue with xfinity stream

Jump to solution

In case it helps someone else, I ran into the same issue myself.  I ended up at the advanced support and the representative indicated that my issue was an issue with account provision with an issue being around my username.  She indicated that she removed another username on my account and the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
rasaad
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hello I have the exact same issue you have noted. 

Did you get this resolved?

I have been on the phone 5 times with xfinity and they don't seem to know what it is, also with Roku. 
They stated it was an "outage" I know its a lie. Xfinity just doesn't want to deal with the problem.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into with the Xfinity Stream Beta channel. If removing the channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel back once more isn't clearing up the issue, you'll need to follow up with Xfinity and continue reporting the issue you're running into. Each channel (app) on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider directly. They'll be able to best assist with this type of issue.

You can reach Xfinity support directly here: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/tv

Thanks again for letting us know what you're seeing. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. 

Cheers,
Tanner
0 Kudos
JW1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did anyone every get this issue resolved?  I'm having this problem too and today is my 3rd call to comcast and each time the phone call last 1.5 to TWO HOURS and still not resolved.

0 Kudos
mtm100

Jump to solution

This literally just happened to me also on a Roku Ultra 4660X, but somehow my old Roku 3 still works perfectly.  Only problem is I keep trying to uninstall / reinstall the app and it happens on both my Rokus.   I have no idea why it would work with a Roku 3 and not the Ultra.  The Ultra worked fine yesterday. 

0 Kudos
mtm100

Jump to solution

Did something happen with updated software on the Ultra vs the Roku 3?

0 Kudos
ronf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In case it helps someone else, I ran into the same issue myself.  I ended up at the advanced support and the representative indicated that my issue was an issue with account provision with an issue being around my username.  She indicated that she removed another username on my account and the issue was resolved.

dianak88
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

advanced support where? On Roku or Xfinity?  Please advise as my problem is same,  getting this message: unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription. Check out xfin.tv/shop to subscribe today!

0 Kudos
ronf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Advanced support with Comcast/xfinity.

0 Kudos
JW1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, as others have said, Advanced Support with Xfinity/Comcast.  After several calls and about a week of communicating back and forth I finally ended up with Advanced Support that figured out my problem.  My issue was I moved and when they created the new account there was something still lingering on their end that was keeping me from be able to stream.  They finally deleted my account and recreated it from scratch and it has worked like a charm ever since.  So most likely your problem is on their end but unfortunately you have to go through several levels of support to fix it most times.

0 Kudos