Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MorituriMax
Level 7

Roku Ultra and Youtube FAIL

For the last couple weeks Youtube on my Roku Ultra has steadily declined to **bleep**e.  I have a 4660X - Roku Ultra, wired to the internet, software version 9.4.0 build 4183-46.

I try to run the youtube channel, and get either:

1. Spinning wheel that never stops spinning.

2. Loads but shows a big BACK TO TOP arrow in the home section with no videos.

3. Loads and shows videos but then promptly crashes back to the Roku with NETWORK ERROR warning.

Additionally if I do make it in to a video and it crashes I then have to go through the whole thing again.

I am fed up with the inability to get any kind of tech support for this, sending them messages through facebook gives me either a bot, or sometimes an actual person, then next time the bot again with all the generic restart this, update that.  All of which I have done, everything updated, uninstalled, reinstalled. And so on.

1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra and Youtube FAIL

@MorituriMax 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos