Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mhmfasy
Level 7

Roku Ultra and Adding Prime Video Region Not Supported

Hi,

I have purchased ROKU ULTRA, the device is activated and working fine with the added channels like NETFLIX and some other free channels.

But when I tried to add Prime Video, there is an error saying "Region Not Supported". But tried to to my Samsung smart TV this channel was added. So region is not the problem.

Could you please assist me on adding "Prime Video". I wanted to use ROKU expecting to add these channels (Prime, Netflix etc)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra and Adding Prime Video Region Not Supported

@mhmfasy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mhmfasy
Level 7

Hi,

I'm in UAE / Dubai. As I told you my smart TV which is also in my Dubai apartment was able to add the Prime channel. Its ROKU which is refusing to add the channel.

I dont see any region issue here as the TV was able to add the Prime channel.

Could you please assist.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
iw3bmaster
Level 7

He is saying that Amazon Prime did not list Roku devices to be available in the UAE. I sent them an email already. Maybe you should too. If more user ask them maybe they will do it 

0 Kudos