Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhmfasy
Level 7

Roku Ultra and Adding Prime Video Region Not Supported

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have purchased ROKU ULTRA, the device is activated and working fine with the added channels like NETFLIX and some other free channels.

But when I tried to add Prime Video, there is an error saying "Region Not Supported". But tried to to my Samsung smart TV this channel was added. So region is not the problem.

Could you please assist me on adding "Prime Video". I wanted to use ROKU expecting to add these channels (Prime, Netflix etc)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra and Adding Prime Video Region Not Supported

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

As a friendly reminder of the Community Guidelines when posting:

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access

In regards to adding Prime Video in a region that is not currently supported:
As stated previously, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mhmfasy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mhmfasy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm in UAE / Dubai. As I told you my smart TV which is also in my Dubai apartment was able to add the Prime channel. Its ROKU which is refusing to add the channel.

I dont see any region issue here as the TV was able to add the Prime channel.

Could you please assist.

0 Kudos
iw3bmaster
Level 7

Jump to solution

He is saying that Amazon Prime did not list Roku devices to be available in the UAE. I sent them an email already. Maybe you should too. If more user ask them maybe they will do it 

0 Kudos
Mahmood
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't support yet for prime video but my mi box s supports it....... i dont know why Roku does not support this.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Mahmood,

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
NJT74
Level 7

Jump to solution

Come on Roku - we're almost half way through 2021, a lot of people are buying your product in order to 4k stream the 2 main streaming networks (Netflix and Prime Video) from a single device. We bought your product on the premise and the promise that all of this would converge in a simple, single device. You need to add Prime Video now. If the issue is with Amazon then representatives of both companies need to sit down and sort it out. It cannot be right that we have to buy an Amazon Fire TV Stick as well and pointlessly have another device inserted into our TVs/Projectors/AV receivers (and of course another pointless remote control to add to the trailer park of remote controls on our coffee tables). You need to sort this out in the UAE Q2 2021 or stop (mis-)selling your products here.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku doesnt control the country/regional availability of an app on its platform - the app developer/provider does.  @RokuDanny-R  was entirely correct in his previous statement

Specifically, Amazon chooses/decides/enables the Prime app for different countries/regions when they publish it to the Roku Channelstore.

So, if Prime is not available on Roku in your country/region, its entirely Amazon's decision, and needs to be addressed to them:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

(You are wasting time and effort demanding Roku change something that is not in its discretion to change, but rather Amazon's)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NJT74
Level 7

Jump to solution

But presumably it's in Roku's discretion to reach out to Amazon and use their considerable commercial clout to request that Amazon enable the Prime app on Roku devices?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@NJT74 wrote:

But presumably it's in Roku's discretion to reach out to Amazon and use their considerable commercial clout to request that Amazon enable the Prime app on Roku devices?

We dont know that they already haven't.

But, for the sake of argument, consider the market cap of Roku (43 billion) versus the market cap of Amazon (1.8 trillion).

Not going anywhere, and, Amazon has its own streaming device line (FireTV), so its not in their interest to help their competitor compete against there own line (just the opposite, Amazon has an interest in making sure the Prime experience on their own devices is superior to that of their biggest streaming market rival:  Roku)

Its entirely Amazon's decision, not Roku's (who has next to no influence with Amazon, for several reasons as just stated).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos