Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmbomhard
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra & YoutubeTV buffering/slow connection

I was told tech support is working to correct this issue. They are very helpful if you call to discuss your issues. I think the issue might be related to the HDMI cord needing to be a higher speed version than the one that comes with the roku device. I would recommend calling youtube tv, they even offered to compensate my account until the issue was fixed 

boogernose
Level 18

YouTubeTV is a premium(paid for) Channel. They maintain it so the problem is them.

If I had YoutubeTV I would be all over them and expect a refund.

the simple Youtube app seems to work fine on my Ultra.

If any of you are using a MicroSD chip yank that **bleep** out of there and try that.

If you have a fast Internet connection you dont need a MicroSD anyways as far as Im concerned.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Mottone
Level 8

So, just curious... Research seems to indicate it is actually a problem only for people with Spectrum internet service. This fits me - I have Spectrum.

I have multiple Roku devices & TVs, and YouTube Live is the only app which has the buffering problem.

Durstigbier
Level 7

I have AT&T Fiber Internet and it is happening to me.

Hondo2483
Level 7

We have Xfinity 200 and it is happening to us as well...

Shempf
Level 7

We have Roku Ultra and ATT 300 fiber which is had wired to Roku. Hi-Def HDMI to TV. The AFC NFL championship game is horrible, everything else on Roku is fine. Should Live TV be this bad. I just don’t get it. It is virtually a deal breaker. I watch sports all of the time.

0 Kudos
wescleveland
Level 7

Roku Ultra with SpeedTest showing 200Mbps download speed. Two days ago YTTV became slow as molasses and TV volume response also became slow. It turns out I inadvertently swapped HDMI cables around that time. I just swapped the HDMI cables back and all is functioning properly. YTTV and TV volume responses are back to normal. Go figure. 

boogernose
Level 18

The cables are touchy.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Murc
Level 8

I purchased a new Roku Streaming Stick +, have a Spectrum Internet connection and used with YouTube TV all day yesterday, including both football games and had no problem at all.  The Roku Streaming Stick + has a long range wireless receiver and receives up to 4K.  So far, no buffering issues.

0 Kudos
Mottone
Level 8

Thanks for all the replies. It seems to be a YTLTV problem, not confined to internet service provider nor type of Roku device. I, too, had no problems all day yesterday watching football, etc.

Yet... I suspect this problem will return. Has anyone had any luck from YTLTV themselves, customer support, etc?

0 Kudos