Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliocon
Level 7

Roku Ultra Netflix issue

Hi,

I have 2 Roku Ultras. One connected to my LG OLED TV and one connected to my Epson 5040 Projector via a Yamaha RX A3070 receiver. The once connected to my Projector/Yamaha has this weird glitch with Netflix. When I launch the channel it loads fine but when I scroll down the image goes to black for about 30 seconds then comes back. It does it again when I select something to watch. Goes to black for 30 to 60 seconds then kicks back in. No other channel does this and my Roku connected to the LG doesn't do it either. Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks!!!

Elio
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra Netflix issue

"eliocon" wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 Roku Ultras. One connected to my LG OLED TV and one connected to my Epson 5040 Projector via a Yamaha RX A3070 receiver. The once connected to my Projector/Yamaha has this weird glitch with Netflix. When I launch the channel it loads fine but when I scroll down the image goes to black for about 30 seconds then comes back. It does it again when I select something to watch. Goes to black for 30 to 60 seconds then kicks back in. No other channel does this and my Roku connected to the LG doesn't do it either. Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks!!!

Elio

No idea, but since you have two Ultras, it might be worth gathering some additional data to help with the diagnosis. Swap the Roku devices. Power down, and just swap the actual boxes. Now, does the issue remain on the projector? If so, it probably ain't the Roku.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
eliocon
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"eliocon" wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!!!

Elio

No idea, but since you have two Ultras, it might be worth gathering some additional data to help with the diagnosis. Swap the Roku devices. Power down, and just swap the actual boxes. Now, does the issue remain on the projector? If so, it probably ain't the Roku.

I did that ages ago. Should have mentioned that. The issue didn't occur with the other Roku.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"eliocon" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"eliocon" wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!!!

Elio

I did that ages ago. Should have mentioned that. The issue didn't occur with the other Roku.

So, the issue remained with the Roku? Or at least only happens on that one Roku device? Then yes, you should return/exchange the Roku.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

"eliocon" wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!!!

Elio

Return the one that is malfunctioning and have it replaced. As you've said, you already tried using the Roku with another device and the problem persists, yes?  If so, then a replacement is your best option.
"One finger is all it takes." - Tsunade Hime.
0 Kudos