Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Viictor
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Netflix Hangs At 25%

I get the random netflix buffering issue with my 4200x software v7.5.0

Network connection via powerline. Also same problems with WiFi.

Router/modem is solid. I use jabber+webex all day for work. Never any issue.

Bandwidth is solid. Netflix works fine from app on Samsung TV in another room. That's also on powerline connection.

Any ideas?

Has anyone had these "random netflix buffering" problems and then given up to buy another player. If so, which one works for you?

Many thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ginahoy
Level 7

"Viictor" wrote:
I get the random netflix buffering issue with my 4200x software  v7.5.0

Buffering? This thread is about a different problem (read the title). Your prob seems unrelated. Indeed, I've never had a buffering problem with my 4200. Next time yours starts buffering, use the Netflix 'check connection' utility. I don't know about the thread starter, but in my case, it immediately finds the 3 NF servers, but then fails on 0 Mbs speed. Every time after it hangs exactly at 25%. There's never any buffering.

Since you're using a power line bridge for the 4200, I'm guessing you have crappy WiFi at that location?  I know a thing or two about power line carrier (PLC) LAN's and it would be silly to use PLC where WiFi would work (due to high susceptibility to various types of interference). Had you not said your 4200 experiences buffering with WiFi, the PLC bridge would automatically be the first suspect for a buffering problem. I assume you relocated it to a strong WiFi location to make that determination?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Taopaths
Level 7

Very easy to resolve. Log out not just exit. Log back in with password. Hope this helps. Works every time for me.
0 Kudos