Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra Media Player Issues

I have an external USB hard drive that I have been using for audio/video on my Roku, using the Roku Media Player.  It was working until a couple days ago.  Now I can select the drive,  and it will show the folders in the root directory on the drive.  Click on a folder, however, and I get "no files of the correct type in this folder".  I plugged it back into my laptop, and that works fine.  Is there another media player app I can try?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Ultra Media Player Issues

Did you perhaps select audio when you were looking for video? You can hit the * button and change the media type if it's incorrect. And the wrong setting will block any non-matching media types. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Media Player sync

Using a flash drive on my Roku Ultra to play short video clips. Worked fine, then a few weeks ago they started randomly start playing double speed. The Pause button doesn't work when this happens. Audio was always out of sync.

Also, I used to be able to store video files in folders and RMP would play them all randomly. This stopped a few months ago and I had to get rid of the folder structure.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos