Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skydyvrOH
Level 7

Roku Ultra Media Player Issues

I have an external USB hard drive that I have been using for audio/video on my Roku, using the Roku Media Player.  It was working until a couple days ago.  Now I can select the drive,  and it will show the folders in the root directory on the drive.  Click on a folder, however, and I get "no files of the correct type in this folder".  I plugged it back into my laptop, and that works fine.  Is there another media player app I can try?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Ultra Media Player Issues

Did you perhaps select audio when you were looking for video? You can hit the * button and change the media type if it's incorrect. And the wrong setting will block any non-matching media types. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
duffyb
Level 7

Roku Media Player sync

Using a flash drive on my Roku Ultra to play short video clips. Worked fine, then a few weeks ago they started randomly start playing double speed. The Pause button doesn't work when this happens. Audio was always out of sync.

Also, I used to be able to store video files in folders and RMP would play them all randomly. This stopped a few months ago and I had to get rid of the folder structure.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos