Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amartincolby
Level 7

Roku Ultra Audio Problem On Netflix

When watching Netflix audio, I'm hearing a strange effect on the raspy part of spoken words. It sounds like distortion or perhaps fluctuations. I have found a reference to what I think is a similar problem, but this user is encountering it with Amazon Prime Video: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=112440&p=589700&hilit=netflix+audio#p589700

I am watching Frankenstein Chronicles, for what it's worth. I still have my Amazon Fire TV 4K, and when I swap my HDMI cable to my Fire TV, the audio is fine. Unplug it and plug in the Roku, and the voices are distorted. As such, I do not think the problem is the HDMI cable.

When I choose standard audio, there is no distortion. It is only happening when I select 5.1.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
amartincolby
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Audio Problem On Netflix

I've now listened to multiple shows and can confirm that the problem with the vocals is the 5.1 surround audio track. 
0 Kudos