Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LngTmRkuUser
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 Stuttering Audio on YouTube

Jump to solution

Tried removing the channel and restarting then added the channel back.  That did NOT fix the issue for me. My problem is with recorded shows and movies on both the YouTube tv app and the hbomax app. 

What solved this for me? I went to audio settings on roku and changed all settings to pcm-stereo. My settings were previously set to auto and Dolby. There must be an issue with  Dolby and the format that these shows are recorded with. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

If you have the 4800 (Ultra 2020) you should be using the "Auto passthrough" not "Auto detect" (which converts all audio to the highest detected Dolby level, and may result in stuttering on some systems) setting - just remember that PCM stereo gives you no native surround sound (you'd need to upmix with an AVR/etc).

In "Auto passthrough" the YT/YT TV audio should output as (converted from AAC) PCM - not Dolby for most content (so there wouldnt be an issue with Dolby).

0 Kudos
Georgetv
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this issue with all roku channels. Just installed new ultra. Had stick before no problem with Auto select. I run thru a Denon av amp.  Has Dolby etc.  the pass through did not give me surround sound. The auto select is the only mode where the audio stutters. I am trying various Dolby dts and such modes to test.  Will they have a fix for this?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Georgetv wrote:

I am having this issue with all roku channels. Just installed new ultra. Had stick before no problem with Auto select. I run thru a Denon av amp.  Has Dolby etc.  the pass through did not give me surround sound. The auto select is the only mode where the audio stutters. I am trying various Dolby dts and such modes to test.  Will they have a fix for this?

You dont want "Auto detect" with the 4800 - it converts all (non-DTS) audio to the highest detected Dolby level of the connected device (and is the source of your stuttering).

"Auto passthrough" (equivalent to your old sticks "Auto detect") does bitstream passthrough of Dolby audio relative to the detected Dolby levels of the connected device.

Try restarting your Roku and other devices in the HDMI/audio chain after configuring it for Auto passthrough (and troubleshoot it by connecting it directly to your TV and using ARC to your AVR).

0 Kudos
Deltaex1
Level 7

Jump to solution

PXL_20210401_032348348~2.jpg

An update to the latest version of the LG 55CX software to 03.21.18 fixed the problem for me in YouTube TV and YouTube on Roku, audio no longer stutters after the update and a restart of the TV. Hope this helps you guys.

0 Kudos