Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marshalltech81
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 Stuttering Audio on YouTube

Jump to solution

I had to switch to Dolby Digital Plus on my setup to get it working

0 Kudos
Emux77
Level 8

Jump to solution

My issue is with Roku Medi player and streaming movies from my Nas. V9.3 works flawless.... V9.4 gives me choppy audio and video. I have an older 4640 and new 4800x both show identical issues. 9.4 is the problem. 

0 Kudos
NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm a big Roku fan so i'm hoping they'll fix the numerous bugs in the Ultra compatibility with my LG Oled.  But....we'll have to see.  Let's see how long they'll let me go until I can't get a refund on it and see if the bugs are worked out by then

0 Kudos
NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

On my setup with a 2.1 soundbar attached, using Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital DTS solved the problem, but using Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby Digital Plus DTS created some constant static/crackling noise even with no content playing

0 Kudos
greygiant
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same issue here on my Streaming Stick+ running the latest firmware. I've changed HDMI ports, changed audio configuration, reinstalled YouTube, restarted device. Nothing has worked and this has been going on a while now. Can a Roku rep give an update?

Emux77
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have an LG cx oled with Roku ultra in livingroom with OS 9.4, audio stutters, and a Sony x900e in bedroom with a different roku ultra also with OS 9.4 with identical issues, so it's not the TV. I just purchased a Shield Pro ,and no stutters or other issues streaming the same content from the same media server(Nas). So I am quite certain the issue is 9.4. When it had 9.3 and previous firmware it never displayed this behavior. 

Reaxions
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's not just LG TVs that are having the problem. I have a Marantz AV8805 and I'm getting constant audio buffering on YouTube whenever I fastforward or rewind with the new Roku Ultra 2020. I never got the the buffering issues with my previous Roku Ultra. 

0 Kudos
Danny998
Level 8

Jump to solution

Upon pressing play on any YouTube video, it takes 3 to 4 seconds for the audio to kick in. No sound for 3 to 4 seconds. Brand new Ultra 2020 bought 2 days ago to replace a 2-3 year old Ultra... IMO, the old Ultra performs better than the 2020. And yes, I've tried everything, settings, reload, reinstall, restart, change every sound setting, change every HDMI setting etc etc... Seems to be only on the YouTube app. Also, the YouTube app appears to be different on the 2020 compared to the old Ultra. Any help would be appreciated. (Sony 75" X900F)

0 Kudos
NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

just got an email from Roku about this and i'm pretty disappointed with their reply.  They basically said there must be something wrong with Youtube's app and I should contact Youtube about it.

I feel there's a pretty good chance Youtube is gonna tell me I should contact either Roku or LG to solve the problem.  And since this is an issue that multiple Roku users are experiencing, why don't they contact Youtube and figure it out?  If this is their best reply it sounds like there's a good chance this audio issue won't be resolved

Danny998
Level 8

Jump to solution

They're just trying to pass the buck. Other older model Ultra units don't have this problem...but my brand new one does... It's simple deductive reasoning. It's a problem with the new Roku. Also, the YouTube app on my old Ultra looks completely different on startup than that of the app on the new Ultra.