Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NL99
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 Stuttering Audio on YouTube

Jump to solution

@Webjunky wrote:

I’ve got an LG OLED as well. 

Oh interesting.  Well there we go.  Maybe it's solved for the LG OLEDs and that's it.

Off topic question, how are you liking it?  Just got my CX and really like it so far

0 Kudos
marshalltech81
Level 8

Jump to solution

With the latest LG CX OLED update, my issue appears resolved as well!

0 Kudos
Danny998
Level 8

Jump to solution

This forum is for the Roku Ultra 2020 if I'm not mistaken, right? and not for TV's right?

0 Kudos
marshalltech81
Level 8

Jump to solution

That's correct.  However the original issue was reported for the LG CX TV.

0 Kudos
Emux77
Level 8

Jump to solution

This issue has nothing to do with the TV.. I have 2 roku ultras.. One on lg cx and another on Sony x900e.. Exact same choppy sound when playing mkv  4k or 1080p files from NAS with OS 9.4. I haven't even tested YouTube.. My audio issue is with Roku media player and file playback. On OS 9.3.. No issues at all.. 9.4 choppy sound. My solution: nvidia shield 2019 for bedroom TV and nvidia shield tv pro for living room. 

marshalltech81
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had a different experience where both my DVD player and Roku were connected to the LG CX TV and both external devices exhibited the same issue.  The common denominator being the TV.  It would be a strange bit of luck where both devices were having the same bug in their respective software.  

0 Kudos
faselt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Confirmed latest LG CX update has fixed the Roku stutter sound issue.

0 Kudos
greygiant
Level 8

Jump to solution

Posting to say that the issue still exists on Roku devices and other non-LG TVs. The LG solution doesn't apply for those having the problem on other devices and it doesn't make sense to create a new thread for it. 

0 Kudos
DarkSquig
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just wanted to chime in that as others have reported the last update from LG seems to have resolved the stuttering audio issue on my Roku Ultra. 

0 Kudos
jayMak
Level 7

Jump to solution

The simple fix is to do a system restart in the options.  

worked like a charm.  

0 Kudos