Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougw
Level 7

Roku Ultra 2020 Stuttering Audio on YouTube

Jump to solution

I picked up the 2020 Ultra today and every other channel works fine except for YouTube which has audio stutter issues.  It makes the YouTube basically unwatchable.

I deleted the YouTube app, restarted the Roku and reinstalled the YouTube App.

I am running Roku OS 9.3.1 / Build 4240.

Do I need to return the Roku and get the Chromecast?

This is painful to watch.  Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 Stuttering Audio on YouTube

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We are currently investigating reports of this issue impacting some LG TV models. In the meantime, we would recommend switching to PCM audio as a temporary workaround.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
84 Replies
Willste
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same boat. It also stutters on Spotify. Audio is clear if you switch to remote wireless audio.

It seems like it may be a software issue with certain apps and how they engage dolby atmos. I'll probably try it on my older tv to see if audio is good there.

I am running the new 2020 ultra on an LG55CX. Every other channel outside of Spotify and YouTube seems fine. Saddly I wonder if these means if we have to wait for individual app fixes.

I would consider another device, but this is my 4th Roku device and this is the first with any major glitch like this. With how much software is in play now between the TV and the smart device no company or device in the future is immune to these issues. As long as the problem can get patched I'll be happy.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@dougw @Willste 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We would like to gather some information from the both of you so we can investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-do you have an AVR or soundbar attached and are all connected devices update to their lastest
firmware?
-Please try going to Settings > Audio > HDMI > and set this to Auto Pass Through. Does this resolve your issue?

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Texan_Scott
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on my new Roku 2020 with YouTube all other channels work fine

I tried pass-through option still have issue.

-Roku device model  4800X
-serial number X010002C34D8
-device ID S02A208C34D8
-software OS/version 9.3.1 Build 4240-C2

Direct connect to a LG CX OLED 2020   no sound bar.  TV can do Dolby Atmos will all other channels

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Texan_Scott 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Willste
Level 8

Jump to solution

I acctually got mine to work with their tech support. I tried changing hdmi ports again and one of them has no audio skipping for youtube or spotify.

A bit sketchy but acceptable. I would email tech support about a return and they will offer debug tips.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We are currently investigating reports of this issue impacting some LG TV models. In the meantime, we would recommend switching to PCM audio as a temporary workaround.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Webjunky
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have an LG OLED65GXPUA and Roku 4K 2020 model. I switched to PCM as suggested and that did not solve the issue. What did solve the issue is I think pure luck and somewhat of a bug in ROKU's box so it may come back...  I turned off and unplugged all devices (TV, soundbar, apple tv streaming box, Roku streaming box, blu-ray) and then turned plugged the TV back in and turned it on. Then the soundbar, and waited for it to be up and running. And then I plugged into the ROKU to a different HDMI connector, configured it for Dolby Vision and audio passthrough, and when I tested YouTube app the problem was gone. I then plugged into my Apple TV streamer and Blue-Ray player. I went back to Roku YouTube and the audio is STILL working properly. SO something between power cycling all the connected devices and unplugging/pluggin in HDMI cables, or swapping HDMI inputs fixed the problem. Since I did so many change at once I can't say which of those solved the issue. Good luck to you all, because this almost made me return the ROKU to the store as I watch a lot of YouTube. Cheers. 

0 Kudos
DudeWheresMyBar
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, latest YouTube app on the Roku (1.0 build 93000110). Roku software 9.4.0-50. iOS app 7.3.18.0. The audio stutter issue occurs when I steam audio to the phone. If I disconnect the stream by pressing the headphone button on the app, then reconnect by pressing it again, the issue resolves temporarily. The issue (stutter) returns if I close and reopen the YouTube app. 

0 Kudos
Akoyer
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just want to report that I am also having this "YOUTUBE" Stutter issue using a LG TV.  It just came up the other day.  Just a note if I turn the TV off and back on, it solves it.  But only for THAT video.  If I go to another video, then it happens again.  The LG Youtube app does not have this issue, only when using the ROKU box.  I have reset the ROKU and the TV to try to fix this issue, but it still happens again.  Please keep me posted of a fix for this.  I spend good money for this Roku and Youtube is one of the main apps I use.  It is a waste of my money if I cannot use one of the most Popular Apps, on a VERY new and top of the line TV and a New top of the line ROKU.

Thank you

Anthony Koyer