Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krisbsca
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 Stuttering Audio on YouTube

Jump to solution

This is not true; I am having this problem with an older model Roku Ultra and a Samsung TV. (But the buck-passing is definitely true!) 

0 Kudos
NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yeah i'm just honestly quite surprised.  I was dealing with a Hulu zooming in issue with them several months ago and they did stay on it and just kept replying and kept assuring me that the problem would get resolved and it eventually did.  Very disappointed at how quickly they gave up and I let them know that and I've asked to speak to someone else.  We'll see how that goes

0 Kudos
Goodwinter
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am not very technical and never had cable tv.  I have not watched much tv since the country changed to this new style of TV. I hired a man to come in and help me get some sort of reception since I was getting nothing in the new tv and he sold me a Roku. It works sometimes but tonight I’m getting terrible stuttering and since I don’t have any speakers to unhook, assume I’m already using PCM audio. I tried to understand the directions for repairing or resetting Roku but I’m lost. Any suggestions?

Judy B.

0 Kudos
EliHertz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem. Very frustrating.  YouTube app unusable on Roku when listening to audio through iOS app

0 Kudos
DarkSquig
Level 8

Jump to solution

I keep checking for updates on the tv, roku, and youtube app but still no solution to this issue. It feels like this isn't getting traction with Roku and I don't know why this has been marked "resolved" with a solution that really just says "yes we know it's messed up". I think I might make another post on the forum because unfortunately a lot of people have muddied the waters of this one with complaints unrelated to the original post. It would be great to some feedback from Roku on when we can expect a fix.

0 Kudos
Emux77
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yep, I've been using the 2019 nvidia shield pro with Kodi to play my Nas library with no issues and full HD audio playback (atmos, dts-HD) so I have veered away from roku. RIP roku. 

0 Kudos
faselt
Level 7

Jump to solution

ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED! DO NOT MARK AS SOLVED AND ACTUALLY FIX THE PROBLEM!

NL99
Level 9

Jump to solution

Pretty exciting news, i just checked Youtube on my Roku Ultra right now and it seems like the stuttering issue is now gone for me!  i've got the HDMI audio option on Auto Detect and there is not constant 1 second stutter anymore.  So it's usable now!  Woooooo!

0 Kudos
Emux77
Level 8

Jump to solution

Was there an update? , I wouldn't know anymore since I scrapped both my rokus for nvidia shields. 

0 Kudos
greygiant
Level 8

Jump to solution

@NL99  Can you see when your last update was or what the YouTube build is? I'm curious to see if they pushed something finally. Also, is the issue gone when using the private listening feature?

0 Kudos