Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marshalltech81
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 Stuttering Audio on YouTube

Jump to solution

This issue is also well documented within the Apple TV community and LG community forums .... https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/14247/cx-atmos-audio-bug-with-apple-tv-4k

Because off all my devices are having the studdering problem it does not appear to just be a Roku Ultra 2020 issue

0 Kudos
michaeljnemo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Evidence does point to the LG CX having a problem with DolbyVision and associated audio.  It looks like LG is working on it.

I also had a problem with audio from my SONY blu-ray.  When I chose the blu-ray disc's DolbyVision 5.1 LPCM audio option, I didn't get any sound.  Switched to the DolbyVision 2.0 LPCM option and I got sound.

The most recent LG update was applied last night and now I can get 5.1 LPCM sound from the blu-ray.

0 Kudos
mautobot
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just purchased the Ultra 2020 and have the same issue across all streaming services. I have a Sony 4k tv. When I switch to audio pass through I lose Atmos sound, only reason I purchased this model. 

Also, with this upgrade from my previous Ultra I have lost CEC control with my Anthem Mrx-720 receiver. 

Overall not very impressed with this Roku model and I've owned various models since inception. I will be returning this model and switching to Apple for 4k / Atmos support. 

0 Kudos
marshalltech81
Level 8

Jump to solution

Based on the previous link I posted from the LG community the Apple TV suffers from the same problem.

0 Kudos
michaeljnemo
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've found that the problem may actually be more with the TV.  My my LG TV is behaving better now with the ROKU 2020 and a SONY blu-ray after the latest LG update.  See my earlier post.

Make sure all your components are at their latest upgrade level before returning your ROKU 2020.  Other than the sound issue, I really like everything else on the new ROKU, especially the DolbyVision.

0 Kudos
marshalltech81
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have no intention of returning the Roku.  As a software engineer myself I realize there are always certain kinks that have to be worked out and I am sure the fine folks at Roku and/or LG will figure out an appropriate fix. I did figure out that if I changed the sound from automatic detection to Dolby Digital Plus, I can watch the YouTube content without studder.  It's just a matter of time.  

Worse case scenario I will purchase another https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/ and put that in the mix.  I have this on my LG C8 TV because it does not support eARC and appears to work well bit now that I think about it I am not sure I have tested it against sound coming out of Prime channel.  Will test and report back.  

michaeljnemo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Marshal,

My previous response was to mautobot's post.

After the latest LG update, the problems with my Roku and SONY blu-ray have been resolved.  

0 Kudos
DarkSquig
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just wanted to report that even after the latest LG update 03.11.30 the issue is still unresolved. This appears to be a Roku audio compatibility issue.

marshalltech81
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am hesitant to say it's just Roke because it is also happening on my Sony DVD player and there are reports on the LG community site that indicates it's also happening for Apple TV

0 Kudos
DarkSquig
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We are currently investigating reports of this issue impacting some LG TV models. In the meantime, we would recommend switching to PCM audio as a temporary workaround.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny, unfortunately switching to PCM for the HDMI port where the Roku is connected has no effect