Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TruTV App no longer working

Hello,

When I attempt to open the TruTV app on any of my Rokus, I now get the following error:

"Oops, there was a problem. Sorry for the inconvenience! Here's what happened: Sorry, but we were unable to authenticate your device and can't continue."

Is this a known issue that anyone else is experiencing? If so, is it a problem with the app developer? I have never had trouble with this app before, and it won't let me into the app to diagnose the problem. I also cleared the cache on several of my Rokus (developer option) to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
0 Kudos
2 Replies
cjp2788
Level 7

Re: Roku TruTV App no longer working

Yes! I'm having this exact issue starting Sunday 11/18 morning.  On Saturday night it had been working fine, Then suddenly both my Roku 2 and Streaming Stick gave me this error when I tried to launch them on Sunday morning.  I've tried deleting, reinstalling, rebooting, etc. Nothing has fixed it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Roku TruTV App no longer working

"cjp2788" wrote:
Yes! I'm having this exact issue starting Sunday 11/18 morning.  On Saturday night it had been working fine, Then suddenly both my Roku 2 and Streaming Stick gave me this error when I tried to launch them on Sunday morning.  I've tried deleting, reinstalling, rebooting, etc. Nothing has fixed it.

Note that delete, reinstall, reboot is NOT the same as delete, reboot, reinstall. The latter is correct.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos