Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Docmac
Level 7

Roku TV and Netflix Captions

I recently purchased a Roku TV. Great TV, except when watching Netflix with closed captions. CC is turned on in Netflix, but they don't display. By accident, I discovered that if I hit the curved arrow button, which rewinds the video about 10 seconds, the closed captions appear, for about 5 to 10 seconds, then they go back off. Every time I hit the rewind button, it displays them again for the few seconds and then they're off again. But they never stay on. Anybody else having this problem, or a way to fix it?
Thanks for any help.
Marc.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 10

Re: Roku TV and Netflix Captions

Check your setting for "Caption mode" in the Roku global settings: Settings->Captions->Captions mode. It sounds like yours is set to "On replay". I don't have Netflix, so I can't test this.

-JT
0 Kudos
Docmac
Level 7

Re: Roku TV and Netflix Captions

You're absolutely right, and I found that out about 15 minutes after I submitted my message last night. Saw I had a response today and knew I needed to post a correction. And indeed, it was turned on and set to "replay only". Thanks for the response.
0 Kudos