Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techhead51
Level 8

Roku TCL tv I get a "watch this movie from other providers" when I am not watching anything

Roku TCL tv I get a "watch this movie from other providers" when I am not watching anything

the model of the tv 43" 43s435 4k hdr10.

When this happens I am not using any Roku channels or any other apps, I am connecting a pc with an HDMI cable and the HDMI port is set to 2.0 through an HDMI switcher box the supports the connection.

I do not get this message when I am watching over air live broadcasts, I do not have cable or satellite tv.

I am able to select watch this content from other providers using the remote and * key, but that is only triggered manually on over-air broadcasts, not when I am streaming.

I also do not have this issue on my 3 gen. 4k hdr10 Roku connected to the same tv or my Roku ultra connected to my LG 65" tv

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TCL tv I get a "watch this movie from other providers" when I am not watching any

@techhead51 wrote:

I do not get this message when I am watching over air live broadcasts, I do not have cable or satellite tv.

I am able to select watch this content from other providers using the remote and * key, but that is only triggered manually on over-air broadcasts, not when I am streaming....

This is confusing. You do not get the message when watching over the air live TV? So I don't understand the part about using the remote when you are watching over the air TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku TCL tv I get a "watch this movie from other providers" when I am not watching any

@techhead51 

This sounds like the "More Ways To Watch" ACR (Automatic Content Recognition) feature available on Roku TVs that monitors HDMI port content - you may have opted in without knowing it.

Change it to off: Settings/Privacy/Smart TV experience/Enable auto-notifications=off/disabled