Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpwarden
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810EU) and Amazon Channel

I was just wondering if the Amazon Channel is HDR capable? Netflix and YouTube HDR are working perfectly for me through my Sony KD-43XD8088 but programming on Amazon that I know is HDR enabled and plays in HDR perfectly through my NVdia Shield TV on the same TV (content such as Grand Tour and The Man in the High Castle) just will not give HDR, only UltraHD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
0 Kudos
7 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810EU) and Amazon Channel

I can get HDR with my Sharp TV with Amazon content. I don't have a SS+, so can't say for that. But it certainly should support it.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
MrDifficult
Level 7

3810, Vizio M here - I just checked The Grand Tour on the Amazon app, and THE OPENING does not stream in HDR, but the episode itself (novel content) is definitely in HDR10.
0 Kudos
arpwarden
Level 7

Just found this comment in the review of the SS+ on the avforums form November 10th

It should be noted that, for the time being, the Amazon channel is 'restricted' to Ultra HD so there's no HDR but we're told that Roku is working on HDR support and it should hopefully happen soon.

Review here:
https://www.avforums.com/review/roku-st ... view.14188
So unless the Channel has been updated with HDR on the SS+ it looks like it's by design.
0 Kudos
MrDifficult
Level 7

Per Amazon, also true on SS+ (having used it myself):

High Dynamic Range (HDR)
HDR video features significantly increased color range and enhanced contrast between highlights and shadows. This delivers picture quality that is much more vivid and lifelike.

Supported Devices
At this time, HDR video is available on the following Amazon Video devices, for selected models from 2015 or later:

Samsung SUHD TVs, and Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Galaxy 8, 8+, Galaxy Tab S3 mobile devices
Sony Triluminos 4K TVs and Sony Xperia XZ Premium mobile devices
LG OLED and Super UHD TVs
Roku Ultra and Roku Premiere+ streaming media players
0 Kudos
arpwarden
Level 7

It actually appears that in the UK the Amazon channel is not capable of HDR yet, only UltraHD. This is confirmed by multiple users with various setups.
0 Kudos
MrDifficult
Level 7

Ohhhhh. . . you said EU MODEL. . . (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
0 Kudos
fluffuser
Level 7

Hi, I see Amazon HDR is fixed for a lot of Rokus.

I have the Streaming+ hdr 3810EU in the UK. I removed, restarted and re-added the Amazon chanel noting it wa dated 7-Feb, but still no HDR on programs my Panasonic 4K and Sony XE9005 both play as HDR.

Can the fix be applied for the 3810EU please.
0 Kudos